• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Physical Fitness

FlyinRock

OhhMyGod I was just doing that..... or something like that. <ggg>
Only I was upside down under the guest room bathroom cabinet changing out the faucet. Talk about feats of strength and endurance? Well may be it was more an extension of patience while I contorted to undo and redo all the connections.
In any event, I prevailed and can hardly wait for my wife to come home and see what a manly thing I did in her absence.
OooRahh now I can go run with the local Recon Team for at least 100 yards........

BigRed389

None
Even they were the ones who said he wasn't going to make it while they were "practicing" medicine? I often joke with surgeon friends about when they are going to stop practicing and do it for real.
Nah, there was more to it than that. I have a close friend who was shot numerous times and survived it after 14 hours of surgeries and he too wasn't supposed to make it. His physical condition (world class cyclist) was a huge factor and his survivor attitude made the difference. There is only so much a doctor can do to repair mechanical damage. The rest is up to the patient.

I don't have a personal story on the issue either, but some tactical shooting training emphasizes recognizing the importance of mindset in survivors...it was explained to me as to why a certain school did not train you get hit you're dead, you keep fighting.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
l_d8711f6907234aad86a0f8da4f6e7d62.jpg

Be safe out there riders.

Art by Glen Angus.