• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pics of OCS from air

exo

Hey guys. I did a cross country trip and I inadvertently flew right over OCS. When I recognized it I snapped some pictures of the island and the two old aircraft carriers next door. Yes, I'm going to shamelessly promote my website by makign you go to it if you want to see the pictures:

BullGator

Very cool. Thanks for the share. If I may, it is a bit difficult to read the articles and updates with such a dark background. Not complaining: just trying to input and give my 2 cents.

exo

Very cool. Thanks for the share. If I may, it is a bit difficult to read the articles and updates with such a dark background. Not complaining: just trying to input and give my 2 cents.

hmm thats odd. It sounds like part of the frame isn't loading correctly for you. The text is actually black on a white background...

Anyone else having this problem?

exo

Hah, I don't know... I haven't even been accepted. You know I'm anxious when I'm scouting the place out from the air :)

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
hmm thats odd. It sounds like part of the frame isn't loading correctly for you. The text is actually black on a white background...

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm getting black text on a dark blue background. Pics are fine.

exo

hmm, what browser are you two using? Are you guys accessing it from somewhere that may not allow a lot of downloads, like a public computer?

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
hmm, what browser are you two using? Are you guys accessing it from somewhere that may not allow a lot of downloads, like a public computer?

Windows XP Pro, IE 6.0 SP2 at home Verizon DSL/FIOS

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
actually.. OCS is across the little harbor from those two "defunct" aircraft carriers. One of them is actually the USS Forrestal (aka USS Forest Fire). Which is where the Presidential Nominee Senator John McCain once flew from.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Yea, "the island of OCS" is not actually where OCS is located. The island is where SWOS (Surface Warfare Officer School) and the Naval War College are. You spend little to no time on "the island" portion of the base. OCS is in the far left-hand side of your pics. The fields just inland of that strip that runs out in to the water are the PT fields that you will get intimately familiar with. The building slightly to the left looking in from the strip is Nimitz Hall, or the primary OCS baracks.

badger16

None
The other carrier is the Saratoga. Can't remember what order they are in anymore, but you will get a great look at them on your morning runs... Actually look pretty neat in a pre dawn mist. Also, You will learn to hate the way that bridge Freedom bridge as we called it) teases you when you wake up for PT at 5am. Freedom is so close, but yet so far!;) Nice pics.

exo

Hmm, my mistake on the island part. I saw a similar picture from the air and I mistook the island for OCS. I'll make the change.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Windows XP Pro, IE 6.0 SP2 at home Verizon DSL/FIOS

Sir DSL and FiOS are two different things. Also, IE6? :eek:

actually.. OCS is across the little harbor from those two "defunct" aircraft carriers. One of them is actually the USS Forrestal (aka USS Forest Fire). Which is where the Presidential Nominee Senator John McCain once flew from.

Well, now that they're both decommissioned, what do they do with both carriers exactly?