• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- May 14, 2019

What’s the earliest a final select would ship out after the board convenes?
You mean ship out as in to OCS, not receiving the final select (aka FINSEL) letter, right? I was scheduled for the Feb 5th board and they convened almost two weeks early (end of January). There were spots in the Feb 10th class that they were trying to fill, so it could be as quick as that. Most people that I knew who got selected with me were being sent in the March 3rd/March 24th classes though. A majority of those people (that I observed) were told a date and didn't receive their FINSELs until the week before. I would say to be ready to leave for OCS soon after hearing that you were selected, BUT I'll caveat that by saying that you could be pushed back even after hearing a date too. I just wouldn't count on having any particular amount of time. May or may not be helpful info for you, but that's the nature of these things!

Definitely hard to give a solid answer on that one. The best thing to do is to look at previous board spreadsheets they created to get an idea/rough estimate

I’ll check them out, thanks!

You mean ship out as in to OCS, not receiving the final select (aka FINSEL) letter, right? I was scheduled for the Feb 5th board and they convened almost two weeks early (end of January). There were spots in the Feb 10th class that they were trying to fill, so it could be as quick as that. Most people that I knew who got selected with me were being sent in the March 3rd/March 24th classes though. A majority of those people (that I observed) were told a date and didn't receive their FINSELs until the week before. I would say to be ready to leave for OCS soon after hearing that you were selected, BUT I'll caveat that by saying that you could be pushed back even after hearing a date too. I just wouldn't count on having any particular amount of time. May or may not be helpful info for you, but that's the nature of these things!

I see, Feb 10 is pretty early and also drastically different than March 24. My main reason for asking was that the place I work wanted a heads up so I don’t just up and leave unexpectedly if I do get selected. That helps, thank you!

Checking in for this board

SNA
Major: Political Science (Class of 2018)
GPA 2.67 (Slacked off in college by joining a Fraternity)
ASTB 48 5/8/5

Recruiter told me I had a so-so shot at getting selected. If I don't I don't but I am eager to finally be able to apply

navymims1

Recruiter just told me my package got kicked back to him because of transcripts being addressed to me and not him? Said they might have another board next month due to low number of qualified applicants. Anyone else is similar boat?

SBM058

Recruiter just told me my package got kicked back to him because of transcripts being addressed to me and not him? Said they might have another board next month due to low number of qualified applicants. Anyone else is similar boat?
My recruiter has also heard rumors of a board in between now and July.

SBM058

I also had a question, can someone please explain to me what PROREC and FINSEL mean? I have my package submitted but have no idea what happens from here.
Thanks!

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
I also had a question, can someone please explain to me what PROREC and FINSEL mean? I have my package submitted but have no idea what happens from here.
Thanks!
Your question can be answered by searching the forums or asking your OR.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks!

For future reference, these questions can be fielded and/or googled. If your OR is saying things that don’t make sense... ASK! It’s their job. Don’t be nodding your head when in reality you have no idea that they’re saying.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Can anyone confirm the May board being moved to April? As far as my recruiter knows he thinks it hasn’t been moved from May 14th.

AROBLES93

Underdog
Can anyone confirm the May board being moved to April? As far as my recruiter knows he thinks it hasn’t been moved from May 14th.
I attached the updated list in this thread.
If you don’t believe that then just wait till May 14th then homie haha

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
I attached the updated list in this thread.
If you don’t believe that then just wait till May 14th then homie haha
It’s all good man. Just wanted someone else to confirm you know? I’m just trying to figure out if I can expect a late April board or a mid May board, and there’s a bunch of recruiters saying the board is still in May despite the list you posted. Not saying it isn’t legitimate, but just wanted a second confirmation.