• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLEngineer

pilot
While it appears that my anthro will limit me to Props/Helos (I'm 6-5), I was wondering if there were any good buried threads about how the pipelines work. I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything.

For example...

What training pipeline would I go through for the E-6?

What pipeline would I go through to ensure I get the P-8 whenever it comes out?
Would I just go for P-3s (I lean towards this aircraft anyway because of the anthro), and be retrained?

It seems like dividing the pipeline into "Jets" and "Props" and "Helos" would arbitrarily limit me from going for the E-6, even though I'd most likely be able to fit in the seat without a problem.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
A good search would probably net you something, however:
On your selection card in Primary, it is divided into Jets, Maritime, and Rotary.
Maritime is further divided into P-3 or E-6. You put which one you want on your card and you are told on selection day. If you anthro good for P-3, odds are you can fit in the seven-o.
As of right now, you would train for the P-3 and then much much much later transition to the P-8. Last I heard (someone help me here), initial operational deployment is somewhere around 2012.
Hope this helps.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
actually, it's TACAIR, Maritime, Rotary. E2/C2 falls under TACAIR.

STLEngineer

pilot
Hmm... looks like that and a good search on anthro + P-3 helped a lot.

According to one of the linked documents, the only concern to fit in one is the buttock to knee measurement (since I'm tall). I don't recall what the measurement my recruiter got, but I think it was well below 28".

I'll be sure to ask him at my swearing in ceremony on Wed.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
actually, it's TACAIR, Maritime, Rotary. E2/C2 falls under TACAIR.

The selection card i filled out had TACAIR, Maritime, rotary and E2/C2 all separate.

I don't remember if E-6 fit in as maritime or if it was it's own choice, however.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The selection card i filled out had TACAIR, Maritime, rotary and E2/C2 all separate.

I don't remember if E-6 fit in as maritime or if it was it's own choice, however.

Weird, mine was no-sh!t like I laid out.

TACAIR - J1, J2, E2/C2
Maritime - P-3, E-6
Rotary - Helos

Those were the choices available to me when I selected out of Primary.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Weird, mine was no-sh!t like I laid out.

TACAIR - J1, J2, E2/C2
Maritime - P-3, E-6
Rotary - Helos

Those were the choices available to me when I selected out of Primary.

Same here... except it was done via computer.

pdx

HSM Pilot
E2/C2 may be grouped under TACAIR and E-6 under maritime, but it is meaningless for the selection process. You have 5 separate choices

R (Rotary)
J1 or J2 (Jets - Kingsville and Meridian)
E2/C2
M (P-3)
E6

For example, my selection card was

J2
R
E2/C2

Tom

pilot
Contributor
What is the difference between J1 and J2 besides the location?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is the difference between J1 and J2 besides the location?

J1 = Meridian - T-45C

J2 = Kingsville - T-45A

However, Kingsville is now starting up T-45C classes I believe.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
E2/C2 may be grouped under TACAIR and E-6 under maritime, but it is meaningless for the selection process. You have 5 separate choices

R (Rotary)
J1 or J2 (Jets - Kingsville and Meridian)
E2/C2
M (P-3)
E6

For example, my selection card was

J2
R
E2/C2

They way they had us do it on the computer... You had three selection slots (ie Tacair, Maritime, Rotary)

Within each of those, you had 2 subspots you could fill in (ie J2/J1 or J1/e2/c2 or P3/E6)

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Really what does it matter. The selection card is a formality. In reality it's you request what you want, they send you where they want. But it's fun to dream. You'll be drinking either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.