• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Really what does it matter. The selection card is a formality. In reality it's you request what you want, they send you where they want. But it's fun to dream. You'll be drinking either way.

It does matter, and it isn't "just a formality."

Take me and a buddy of mine as examples. We both wanted jets, but we didn't get them (54 and 53 NSS, respectively). Oh well, life is tough.

Still, I put helos as a second choice, while he put E2/C2. Now I am in helo advanced, and he is in multi advanced. My priority was to fly interesting tactical missions, his was to fly fixed wing and trap on the boat. CNATRA and your skipper will try to accommodate you. They don't just send you to some random community. Sometimes people don't get what they want. The needs of the Navy/Marine Corps do come first, but that does not mean selection is random.

I have no idea if E2/C2 counts as TACAIR in the fleet, but it doesn't for selection purposes. This is important because you can put helos between jets and E2/C2 (like I did).

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It does matter, and it isn't "just a formality."
Ahhh, but it is "just a formality." Sometimes you'll get one of the choices you requested, and sometimes you won't. The Navy doesn't have to give you any choice at all, but they do.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
II have no idea if E2/C2 counts as TACAIR in the fleet, but it doesn't for selection purposes. This is important because you can put helos between jets and E2/C2 (like I did).

Then things have certainly changed. When I selected, it was under TACAIR and you could only put it once. Then again, it could have been the lady running the selection who was screwed up too. But E2/C2 was definitely under TACAIR.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Whitesoxnation....love the avatar!

I had a hard time deciding between that one and this one... choices, choices, choices...

adriana-lima-1.jpg

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
joboy666 said:
good call. I've never borrowed socks from a guy since puberty. I figured I'd have enough se(a)men around me when I joined the Navy

What about letting other people borrow yours?

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
joboy666 said:
I'd never use it again because I'm very suspicious. But then again I'll know what they are using it for because there is that easily identifiable crunch when they walk around in it...

But would you lend one out if you knew it was 'the sock'

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
joboy666 said:
you have to, just for the story alone!...don't you?:D

True... so give me one right now. I'm watching Blade Trinity and Wesley SNipes is soooo hooottt!!

I mean, uhh, umm, Jessica Biel?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
joboy666 said:
I don't see it. She is said to be hot by many, but after her performance in "Stealth" I kinda wanted to kill her family.

Terrible acting yes, but did you see her @ss in that movie!!? :tongue2_1

Status
Not open for further replies.