• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plane Carrying Sen. Kennedy Struck by Lightening

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Just a wake-up call from GOD???

lightning.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
planelightning7nb.gif

I heard that several democrats were outraged that the FAA had let lightning occur near his plane.

T

TXHusker05

I believe the concern was for the aircraft in general. Wouldn't want to see a nice plane like that too damaged. It's precious cargo however, didn't need to return.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Hmm... is it just me, or does it seem like somthing (or someone)) is out to get the Kennedy men?

Its that curse man. Is it just mean but those guys always die in the most weird ways. One runs into a tree while skiing, One gets lost in an airplane (we think) and ditches in the pond, And now this one ALMOST gets killed by lighting? Why can't they die normally, like in a car crash or by old age? wtf

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
goosegagnon2 said:
Its that curse man. Is it just mean but those guys always die in the most weird ways. One runs into a tree while skiing, One gets lost in an airplane (we think) and ditches in the pond, And now this one ALMOST gets killed by lighting? Why can't they die normally, like in a car crash or by old age? wtf
Lightning strikes rarely result in significant problems with aircraft. Once in a while weird sh!t happens, but there are strikes every day that result in no damage. Electrical failure ≠ near death experience.

Brett

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Damn, I'm impressed that you found the key code for the "not equal to" sign. But then again, I've been drinking since noon...

S.O.B.

pilot
Brett327 said:
Lightning strikes rarely result in significant problems with aircraft. Once in a while weird sh!t happens, but there are strikes every day that result in no damage. Electrical failure ≠ near death experience.

Brett

Complete electrical failure while IMC? I don’t know much about a Citation but I wouldn’t want to try it in a Helicopter.