• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC-C Who's going this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
My OSO says running. if two candidates have a 285 PFT but one has a faster run than the other, they'll take the guy with the faster run.

Gonzodogg

livefast:

I would seriously consider cutting out the extra protein, creatine and HMB. If for no other reason than just because you will not be able to take that kind of stuff at OCS. The creatine especialy though, because that stuff can do a number on your joints.

I wouldn't be so concerened with putting on "muscle mass", it will all be gone after a few weeks at OCS. All that running is really going to slim you down.

NavyOCS

You probably do not want to try and gain muscle mass. It is a better idea to get leaned out. Thats what OCS will do to ya anyway, just as gonzodogg said. It would however be beneficial to gain strenth and endurance. I dont know a whole lot about OCS but there are probably a couple of obstacle courses that you need upper body strenth and agility for.

livefast

Thanks for your replies everyone. I guess I better get on a running program quickly! Praxis, the key to HMB is to take it twice daily with creatine; that way the cost is more manageable. A private research by a major university looking into most popular supplements found that creatine combined with HMB increases muscle gains by 200% (that's synonymous with more strenght). One more tip for all of you training on a treadmill: set the incline to 1.0 to simulate flat-land running. The greatest advantage to the treadmill is that the better ones absorb the shock from your feet, and they also keep you from subconsciously slowing down. Think of it as a kinder drill Sgt!

TheFurr0307

How many time did you guys take the the astb test before passing and what did you guys do to pass cuz i took it one time already and didnt do to bad. I didnt pass i was 7 questions from passing. Im contracted as ground right now but I want to be a pilot and they'll change it when I pass the astb. Im hopefully going second part this summer

Flatliner

Hey I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Im very interested in the PLC program and Im trying to find some info on how to apply and what the program is all about. I tried to talk to a recruiter but he told me to apply I have to be in the marines and that I should just enlist. Once he told me that I went directly for the door. I have no problems enlisting but I only have 1 1/2 years left of college. The recruiter also told me that the marines would not gerantee a pilot slot. Was this recruiter telling me the truth or is he full of crap. Any info would be of great help. thank you

Sins

This is almost too outrageous to believe.
Your recruiter is full of crap. If you qualify, you are gaurenteed a shot at being a pilot.
Get in touch with an Officer Selection Officer (this will be a Lt or Capt.) and report that recruiter. I think the website is www.marineofficer.com

Bobcat

PLC Sr.'s 05
I am currently waiting to hear from the board in April on whether I get into the later PLC, starting in early July. I am a college football player who weighs 220 pounds with some pretty solid muscle. I currently run three miles in 21 minutes but I haven't been running until very recently because of an injury. I passed my ASTB on the first try and I'm just wondering if any PLC veterans have any advice on what to expect? I know nothing can fully prepare me for the rigors of PLC, but any heads ups? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.