• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Question-From a Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

Looking for facts, not speculation here:

Don't reservists have to complete SOI/MCT and their MOS school before they are deployable? For example, if a Marine completes boot camp/MCT one summer, and goes to his school the next summer, isn't he non-deployable for that year since he is still a "Basic Marine?"

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, knew some guys in College who were activated for Desrt Storm as basic "did a lot of OJT" Marines

USMCRugger

I'm on I&I duty and all 92 day reservists (reservists that complete thier initial training in seperate incriments) must be trained before deploying. When the squadron was activated we sent our basic Marines to MCT before deploying. Lots of MOS's in the MC can be earned with six months of OJT (MCO P1200.7Z SHORT TITLE: MOS MANUAL). They later earned thier MOS's.

shovlhead13

IntruderDoc
Thank you all.

Thank you all for your comments. I'm honored that each of you spent the time.

He did in fact enlist for the active reserves with the intention of applying for PLC program. I called his recruiter. His recruiter told me that when my son arrived at his office, MY SON explained to him exactly what he wanted to do. The recruiter also told me that he's a smart kid and unless he gets UCMJ'd he'll end up PLC...as much as he could promise anybody. And he told me that, yes, he could be activated and my son understood completely.
All that being said, it all makes sense now. He always said since he was a little guy he was going to be a Marine. I asked him, Brent is his name, when I saw him 2 weeks ago, "WHY?". "Why did you join the Corps?". (Everybody has their reason, I know I did.) He told me, "This is the last place of Christianity on the earth. I'm just going to do my part to keep it that way.".

Good luck to each and every one of you-vets, currents, & gonna be's.

KBayDog

Please extend my congratulations to your son...as you know, this is a journey that will change him forever.

S/F!

Status
Not open for further replies.