• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Please help

GTAD

Hi guys,
Before I start, I'd like to say this site is full of knowledgeable people giving their full honest opinion. There are not many sites like this out there.
I'm a College senior, majoring in Human Resources. I will have my Bachelor in two more semesters. I've always wanted to join the armed forces. I have a 2.8 Gpa, participate in church activities, and member of SHRM which is the biggest human resources clubs in the world.
I would like to know where do I start from there, what test should I prepare for?
I'm confused with all these tests, I'm not even sure which one will I take to go in as in officer. Can someone please give me some basic info about the tests such as ASVAB, ASTB. AFQT, OAR and many others. Thanks guys.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Most all you seek is found by searching. To save you some time, talk to your local NRD and you need to study for the ASTB. At a glance, your GPA is low; at least attempt to get a 3.0 before you graduate.

Your post just says you want to join the armed forces. What are you looking to do in the armed forces? You may not need to become an officer to do so.

P3 F0

None
There's a whole community called HR, so yes, it's possible. I even tried reading the HR career guide, but my eyes glazed over after the first para.

GTAD

Once I get my GPA to 3.o What test should I prepare for, Is it the ASVAB, ASTAB, AFQT, OAR.
Too many tests, they all are confusing.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Once I get my GPA to 3.o What test should I prepare for, Is it the ASVAB, ASTAB, AFQT, OAR.
Too many tests, they all are confusing.

I believe I answered that......I will now draw attention to the search feature.

exNavyOffRec

HR is not a community you can come directly into as a civilian unless you desire to only go USNR, and last info we had was HR was closed/close to it.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
HR is not a community you can come directly into as a civilian unless you desire to only go USNR, and last info we had was HR was closed/close to it.

Does that mean it's easier for me to get into the HR field in the navy?
Let me see, a poster who's screen name is Navy Officer Recruiter says that civilians can not go into a Navy HR officer spot except as a reservist but the last they (the recruiters) heard, the HR field was closed.

I would say that it is definitely not easier, I would say it's impossible.

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
Does that mean it's easier for me to get into the HR field in the navy?

HR brings in nearly all (90%) of their annual accessions as lateral transfers - meaning folks who have started their USN careers in one field (typically URL - AVN / SWO / SUB) and then transfer over after a certain period. HR had one direct accession on the FY12 plan.

exNavyOffRec

HR brings in nearly all (90%) of their annual accessions as lateral transfers - meaning folks who have started their USN careers in one field (typically URL - AVN / SWO / SUB) and then transfer over after a certain period. HR had one direct accession on the FY12 plan.

It is important to note that the one HR direct this year was specificially set aside for USNA coach, it is a special deal afforded to the USNA no one else.