• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Potential long shot - looking for the issued FOD-free pen leashes

mikeyw

SNA Select
Not pens, but still related to gear (to not make another thread)….what are your guys opinions on in-ear headphones under the helmet? Is it actually easier to hear ATC or the JTAC with in-ears like ACCES or CEPs?

hdr777

pilot
Not pens, but still related to gear (to not make another thread)….what are your guys opinions on in-ear headphones under the helmet? Is it actually easier to hear ATC or the JTAC with in-ears like ACCES or CEPs?

CEPs were awesome. They don't work in my plane (hopefully one day they'll get tested/approved) and I miss them

pilot_throwaway

Naval Aviator
pilot
Custom-molded CEPs FTW.
This. I got a pair before deploying ($200 with rush shipping) and I love them. I no longer have to worry about PRs having the right foam attachment size / thread size and in the helo they definitely help with higher frequencies (engine whine) more than the foam tips. Also never having to worry about them falling out mid-flight made them absolutely worth the cost if you can get your AMSO to set up a fitting session.