• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Preliminary Service Selection Numbers Released

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was referring to the prowler/growler thing, I didn't know about this also but sounds good to me.

So your supposition is that there are going to be more pilot slots because they are going from 3 NFOs to 1 NFO? That may be true, but the logic doesn't seem to make sense to me.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Goes to show middies will believe anything.

Come on, please, I think most of the other Mids on the board here knew that it was a joke... Please schnabdt, for the sake of Mids here, tell me your "sounds good to me comment" was said in jest...

schnabdt

Come on, please, I think most of the other Mids on the board here knew that it was a joke... Please schnabdt, for the sake of Mids here, tell me your "sounds good to me comment" was said in jest...

Search and Rescue: Are you trying to say that search and rescue operations couldn't be improved if they were performed over the speed of sound, imagine dropping a diver off of that; or hopping in the basket. High speed low drag baby.

ASW: Everyone knows that F-18's are faster than submarines, so they would obviously do a better job of tracking them, come on lets think outside the box here!

Now do you sense some sarcasm?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Search and Rescue: Are you trying to say that search and rescue operations couldn't be improved if they were performed over the speed of sound, imagine dropping a diver off of that; or hopping in the basket. High speed low drag baby.

ASW: Everyone knows that F-18's are faster than submarines, so they would obviously do a better job of tracking them, come on lets think outside the box here!

Now do you sense some sarcasm?

Yeah and I figured you were being sarcastic - sorry you didn't pick it up in mine - I should've added the AW Smiley Lamp!

:):):):):) Shinin' Brightly.

navy09

None
I don't understand the logic that the Growler will create more jet slots. Obviously, there will be more Hornets, but do they plan to expand that community and make more VAQ squadrons (and, in turn, more jets)?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I think the switch from Prowler to Growler probably wont create more "slots" for pilots, not noticably anyways. Going from 4 jets to 6 over the course of how many years?? The change will probably be transparent.