• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

President speaks at USNA graduation (to unarmed grads)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
^^^^ Agreed. This is a non-story, sabers are not even a required uniform item until O-4.

Why would a Mid be carrying a saber anyways?

Clux4

Banned
Do MIDN have the same as Commissioned Officers? Cost too much to be running around the place with.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
The Academy has issued swords for parades and other ceremonies. I bought my own (actually a graduation gift) and had my name engraved on it and the scabbard. I may only use it once, but it's still something to have.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Give them their sword later. There's no reason to wear it at graduation. I don't see this as a big deal.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Just in case one of those crazy ring-knockers watched Kill Bill one too many times?

I, for one, will be celebrating my hingedom with a Hattori Hanzo...
kill-bill-sword.jpg

(or not)

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
When Bush went to Quantico, Secret Service made all the LTs turn in their rifles. I thought it was silly, but at least they're consistent.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I think this is more for the Freddies Finishing School For Boat Chugs staff and DV's that might carry swords for the occasion eh? Have the dudes on stage typically worn them in the past?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
When Bush went to Quantico, Secret Service made all the LTs turn in their rifles. I thought it was silly, but at least they're consistent.

Are you that good with your sword at 200 yds?

SkywardET

Contrarian
Ironic, but c'est la vie. I saw the tail end of the graduation ceremony on C-SPAN just an hour ago, and it seemed as if everyone was pretty excited about graduating regardless.

I think it's probably pretty prudent of the Secret Service to have a consistent over-protective stance. There are some crazy people in the military from time to time.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
and for the newly commissioned don't forget ... to KEEP YOUR OATH

http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/2009/03/oath-keepers-declaration-of-orders-we.html

Is it me or is that a bit of a crackpot website? A lot of the stuff seems noble and logical up front, but at the same time most of their points skirt very close to the conspiracy-oriented crowd.

Maybe it's just because I chose to read some of the comments--there's people down there saying that both President Bush and President Obama have given unconstitutional orders that shouldn't be followed. I haven't seen anyone on this site advocating that, nor would I expect to.

Anyway, I'm just BDCP and the only thing that separates me from most civilians is that I've taken that oath. So it interests me to see how some people have chosen to interpret that. Just a wannabe post.

EDIT: Ah, the guy running the site was on Ron Paul's staff. That's interesting :)