• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Privately Owned Harrier....

red_ryder

None
Goodness. Well that answers my question as to whether he can fly it very well.

Do many NA's get into investments like that after they get out? I was thinking of trying to start something along those lines.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm looking into investing in Mortgage notes and real estate in the Next couple years, probably once I make JG. That answer your question? I know many JOs have a myriad of investments, not just retired Officers.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I seem to remember a build thread posted on here a while back.....sounds like a lot of money and some active duty Marines were involved as well....

red_ryder

None
I'm looking into investing in Mortgage notes and real estate in the Next couple years, probably once I make JG. That answer your question? I know many JOs have a myriad of investments, not just retired Officers.

Sure does. I've been wanting to try real estate related investments for awhile now, it's good to know that there are similar interests out there.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That rocks. Buying a .38 special is still a cheaper way to play Russian roulette, but it's still pretty cool.

Any Harrier bubbas that can place what model Scarrier that is?

I really envy those who can afford their own military aircraft. Hope I can be there someday. My investments are more routine, e.g. mutual funds, but I hope to be more entrepreneurial when I get out. My own tastes run towards a P-51, but I understand there might be a lot more phrogs for sale soon. :icon_mi_1

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
That's an FA2 Sea Harrier, similar in design and performance to the AV-8A with dramatic improvements to the radar (which the AV-8A didn't even have), avionics, and flight controls.

My skipper used to fly them on an exhange tour and had a blast. I've sat in one and found the cockpit cramped, disorganized, and very old. Great jet, though. It'll be murder on his bank account to keep up with, though. Not that he seems too worried.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's an FA2 Sea Harrier, similar in design and performance to the AV-8A with dramatic improvements to the radar (which the AV-8A didn't even have), avionics, and flight controls.

My skipper used to fly them on an exhange tour and had a blast. I've sat in one and found the cockpit cramped, disorganized, and very old. Great jet, though. It'll be murder on his bank account to keep up with, though. Not that he seems too worried.

Gotta love the Brits when they name things. No APG-XX for them, the radar was called Blue Vixen and could support the AMRAAM (the predecessor was the Blue Fox).

http://www.airtoaircombat.com/detail.asp?id=117

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess he saved up all his Pepsi points and finally got what he wanted.

He's had other toys along the way.

smallyak34.jpg

phrogpilot73

...I understand there might be a lot more phrogs for sale soon. :icon_mi_1
If that happened, I might have to convince PSW that the "Boeing Hotel" would be the best place to live out our retirement... 'Cause I sure as hell couldn't afford it AND a house. I'd have to have litters & stanchions though, because that's WAY more comfortable to sleep on than the troop seats...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So he flew his new toy Harrier once, it broke and now it sits. Off he goes like a butterfly on a flower to another toy...

Damn it must be nice to have that kind of $$$.