• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Project Liberty - USAF MC-12s for dedicated ISR mission

HuggyU2

None
It would suck to go through the pain... then fly a version of the C-12. That, would blow...
Disagree. While I initially took this sort of an immature approach to my assignment out of pilot training, I grew up quickly and found great satisfaction in my assignment.

And bottom line, getting to wear my pilot wings beginning the day I graduated from UPT was huge for me. Something I had worked for for a long time. To let your uneducated perception of your follow-on assignment diminish that satisfaction is a mistake.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
A few of the guys in my class who ended up in MC-12s were just really thankful they didn't have UAVs to look forward to.

It does make me wonder if the Air Force is looking at revamping their track select process as a result of the change in the needs of the service. It can't be cost effective to train guys up in 38s only to send them out to the "real world" to fly a Turboprop.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It can't be cost-effective to send them through Primary and then have them select UAVs, either. IMHO the AF needs to get over this whole "must be a winged aviator to fly UAVs" deal.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It can't be cost-effective to send them through Primary and then have them select UAVs, either. IMHO the AF needs to get over this whole "must be a winged aviator to fly UAVs" deal.
It has more to do with the airspace that the UAV flies through. FAA and ICAO, and rules that require an instrument rated pilot at the controls of the UAV.