• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Proper Blister Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I would just wear a white cotton athletic sock under my black boot socks.

I was going to comment on this earlier.

I have always worn white ankle socks underneath my black boot socks - and never had a problem.

But when I tell people that they freak out and act like my foot will succumb to gangrene and fall off this instant...

I guess in theory the cotton absorbs sweat and so it is bad to wear...but in reality: I have never had any problems with them...even when running around Yuma in 130 degree weather.

Tried the liner thing once, hated it. Done the cotton socks thing ever since. No problems.

KBayDog

Along the same lines, I have always had success with powdering my feet and wearing running socks made from a nylon/Lycra blend under my boot socks. They are the kind of socks that you get at a race expo for $2-3 a pair... The wicking action helps a lot, but the main benefit is that the lycra keeps them in one place on your feet, almost like a second skin. This provides an immobile layer of blister protection. (Even the best boot socks in the world will slip from time to time.)

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
one more thing-- if you have the time....

soak your runners/boots in extremely hot water, let them cool off a little, put them on, and tie them tight. let them cool some more, and then take them off, and let them dry. this molds them to your feet, rather than trying to mold your feet to them-- which, as you know is longer and much more painful.

if you already have a blister, and you treat it, buy some skin adhesive, and actually 'glue' the moleskin to the area. (make it larger than the actual blister.) it keeps it clean and dry, and lets your body heal itself. it will fall off in a few days, and when it does, re-clean, re-treat. in the meantime, it lets your body heal w/o interference. obviously if it gets bad, go see someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.