• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Putting in my package for PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Great Unit!

invertedflyer said:
The 4th LAR is in Las Flores right now... but yeah alot of my buds were telling me about Talega and how they miss it.
Los Flores? You mean were 1st LAR is (or used to be)?

Sounds like the unit is still, "Like active duty only part time," the way a reserve unit should be! :icon_smil (A buddy of mine who prior AD and with the unit said that.)

Stick with that unit until commissioning. It'll prepare you more. I've known a lot of Marines from that unit who got commissioned (I was one of them, BUT I was no longer with the unit when I became an "O").

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Telega is where Heartbreak Ridge was filmed, although in the movie it was ""Camp Lejeune"".

I was at Horno and humped through Telega a few times.

TANGO 1

Contributor
I am watching heartbrreak ridge right now. It is motivating

Favorite quote from the movie " Surrender is not in our Creed"

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Semper Fi!

Bebop,

Yes our HQ is right next to 1st LAR and 1st ANGLICO... ofcourse when we're there all the 1st LAR boys are in civies drinking up a storm and enjoying themselves :) I definitely plan to continue drilling with 4th LAR until my commission... its a great experience so far.

Heartbreak Ridge is a classic... OOHRAH!

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
More Talega Movie Trivia

E5B said:
Telega is where Heartbreak Ridge was filmed, although in the movie it was ""Camp Lejeune"".
That's affirmative. In fact all of Camp Pendleton stood in for Camp Lejeune. The now closed MCAS El Toro stood in for MCAS Cherry Point, NC.

The first/pilot episode of Baa Baa Black Sheep, "The Flying Misfits" was also filmed there. It stood in for the South Pacific.

Status
Not open for further replies.