• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about accepting your commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Wunrunner- did you speak to an enlisted recruiter or an OSO (Officer Selection Officer)? No... there is no truth to what you were told. Are you sure that the recruiter didn't just strongly suggest that you enlist in the reserves? When I was in High School I planned on enlisting in the reserves, and I remember my recruiter telling me about how at OCS the only ones who graduate are the Prior Marines or something like that. At any rate, while enlisting in the reserves might be a good idea for you, it is certainly not a requirement.

Farkle- Congratulations on getting commissioned. Actually, because of a paperwork mishap, my commissioning was delayed. As it stands, I won't be a Marine until full into tomorrow afternoon. I'm still trying to figure out what I will have to do tomorrow morning that I haven't done yet to finally earn the title.

farkle84

thats too bad. i have heard about a lot of guys in Alpha Co that are having paperwork problems which is causing them to get commissioned later. you 've earned the title. just needs to be official now. congrats. Semper Fi Taxman

Wunrunner

hmm, i think the recruiter was for officer selection...but i was told that you MUST enlist first. this is very interesting, im gonna hold off on applying for PLC until i knock out my freshman year of college, thanks for the info though, i appreciate being able to hear about the program outside of the recruiter's office.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Recruiters, at least the enlisted recruiters I have talked to, really push the reserve/PLC thing. Its not the only way to get into PLC, in fact, it may not even be the best way. Its certainly not a bad deal though. I dont recall my recruiters ever lying to me, but they do have a job and they will push the reserves if you show interest in PLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.