• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quiz

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
There's an Officer and a Gentleman, and then there's a NAVCAD and a pretty nice guy.

As mentioned above, I too have this magnificent and splendiferous device. It meant essentially nothing in terms of rank or pay (a NAVCAD is a NAVCAD is a NAVCAD it terms of rank), but it did signify the guys who were in advanced. You don't wear it after you get commissioned, but I did wear it as a member of the Corps of Cadets until I was commissioned in the Marines.

By the way, mine was at least shiny and didn't look like it had been dragged across the flight deck.

MasterBates

NAVCAD was a sweet deal. If it was available, I would have done it after Sophomore year, when my school jacked tuition. (My Professor suggested NAVCAD, but it had been dead for 7-8 years by then)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
NAVCAD was a sweet deal. If it was available, I would have done it after Sophomore year, when my school jacked tuition. (My Professor suggested NAVCAD, but it had been dead for 7-8 years by then)

What was so sweet about it? I know nothing about the program or process. How did it compare to BDCP? When did you apply/join NAVCAD and what did you do as a Cadet? (besides the obvious flight training).

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
What was so sweet about it? I know nothing about the program or process. How did it compare to BDCP? When did you apply/join NAVCAD and what did you do as a Cadet? (besides the obvious flight training).

Nothing. We were Mk-1 Mod0 SNAs. We just got paid 1/2 of everybody else. That and we had to live in the BOQ.