• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RADAR LOVE: The EA-6A saga +split thread+

Pugs

Back from the range
None
But did they ever carry 6 Shrikes "downtown"???

Sincerely doubt it. There were so few jammers at the time and many more ARM shooters it would be better to have them jam and give them a single silver bullet ARM for self defense or for a target they picked up on their more advanced ESM. The jamming and ARM mission profiles were also considerably different with Shrike than they are with HARM where it's pretty easy to do both.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot

And where he think he was gonna put those jammin' pods (to find the SAM sites) and chaff dispensers and drop tanks w/ 6 Shrikes aboard ... ??? :icon_wink

*** p.s. .... thread split .... ***

Just to be more clear of what was said a few posts back: The pods don't "find" things. The other onboard systems do. The pods are jammers, and jammers only. As to carrying 6 ARM missiles? I have no idea.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just to be more clear of what was said a few posts back: The pods don't "find" things.....
Right ... right .... right .... a poor choice of words on my part. We could "find" an emitter w/ our basic Attack-bird RAW gear. These "Queer" guys sure throw a hissy fit when we Attack guys don't cross all our ECM "T's" and dot our "I's". :)

And as Pugs pointed out -- Shrike was difficult --- a successful Shrike attack was a thing of beauty -- and much luck. Difficult to deliver and do it right. Shrike sucked. Standard Arm -- much mo' bettah. HARM?? What the hell is that ... ??? :icon_wink

ironhanduq7.jpg

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought the EA-6A had three stations/wing like the (oh, dear G-d, if only!) A-6F..?

Or, at least, it was plumbed for three?