• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Raptor strutting its stuff

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
She's pretty ... ain't technology grand!!

But ... Raptor???

I still long for names like .... Skyhawk .... Intruder .... Phantom .... Crusader ... Corsair II ..... Vigilante ..... Skywarrior .... Skyraider .... tough, mean, purposeful names.

Oh, well .......... :sleep_125

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
She's pretty ... ain't technology grand!!

But ... Raptor???

I still long for names like .... Skyhawk .... Intruder .... Phantom .... Crusader ... Corsair II ..... Vigilante ..... Skywarrior .... Skyraider .... tough, mean, purposeful names.

Oh, well .......... :sleep_125

All great names... but the Velociraptor had some MEAN claws on it...

raptorclaw.jpg

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
$$ aside, definitely an amazing airplane... That was some of the first footage I've seen. Didn't realize that even the guns were concealed.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
raptor10 said:
So does this raptor
Then why don't they call it ... Eagle?? Ooops ... that's right ... already taken.

I have a hard time getting all hot and breathy @ "raptors" when they lay around all day on my roof basking in the sun and squawking at me until I throw some hot dogs out onto the beach for them.

Raptor, my ass .... scroungers is more like it.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
And for my next trick, I'll show a video with motivating tunes by Godsmack about how long I can stay in the cockpit!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
And for my next trick, I'll show a video with motivating tunes by Godsmack about how long I can stay in the cockpit!

That would make me wanna join the navy

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
raptor10 said:
That would make me wanna join the navy
It would make you want to jump out of helicopters to shoot people, and wear cool IR goggles. :icon_tong

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
goosegagnon2 said:
Speaking of names, what is the rumor mill floating around for the F-35?
From what I hear, they want to call it the "Growler."

Brett