• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Raptor strutting its stuff

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Growler??

Brett327 said:
From what I hear, they want to call it the "Growler."

Brett

Hey Brett,
I happen to know you are aware that your community has Growler "chosen" for the EA-18G...or are you trying to get a grassroots campaign started to shift it to F-35 so you can use "Shocker" for the G model Super Hornet???

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Hey Brett,
I happen to know you are aware that your community has Growler "chosen" for the EA-18G...or are you trying to get a grassroots campaign started to shift it to F-35 so you can use "Shocker" for the G model Super Hornet???
Bingo! ;)

Brett

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
A4sForever said:
She's pretty ... ain't technology grand!!

But ... Raptor???

I still long for names like .... Skyhawk .... Intruder .... Phantom .... Crusader ... Corsair II ..... Vigilante ..... Skywarrior .... Skyraider .... tough, mean, purposeful names.

Oh, well .......... :sleep_125

Those were great names........legendary........nothing new touches what they brought to the table.....IMHO of course :D

snort

Banned
A4sForever said:
Then why don't they call it ... Eagle?? Ooops ... that's right ... already taken.

I have a hard time getting all hot and breathy @ "raptors" when they lay around all day on my roof basking in the sun and squawking at me until I throw some hot dogs out onto the beach for them.

Raptor, my ass .... scroungers is more like it.

Yeah, but this ain't the same beastie. I hear the guys out of Tyndall almost every day. Wish I had that jet.

Birdman

Quick question though, with the F-15 still having complete air superiority and being a better plane then anyone else has. Why waste money on the F-22?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
snort said:
Yeah, but this ain't the same beastie. I hear the guys out of Tyndall almost every day. Wish I had that jet.
Uhhhhh ... sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about ... a "raptor" is a bird of prey.

You know, like an ... "Eagle". Like the "guys" on my roof ??? It's tongue in cheek --- a play on words.

Nothing literal here.

Nothing to look at here ....

So you hear them out of Tyndall almost every day ?? That's jolly. I used to beat them out of Tyndall
almost every day. (clarification: i.e., twin-jet "raptors" in the form of F-15 "Eagles") :)

Wishin' ??? As long as we're wishin' .... wish I still had this jet.

Still wishing ??? A very wise Bombardier once told me ..."you can wish in one hand and sh!t in the other --- see which one fills up first ... "

Pure Navy poetry ... :)

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Oh, what $133 million can buy! I heard that doing a roll right before you fire a sidewinder can increase accuracy and your chances at the bar later that night ... but thats only hear-say... :)

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
A4sForever said:
Uhhhhh ... sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about ... a "raptor" is a bird of prey.

You know, like an ... "Eagle". Like the "guys" on my roof ??? It's tongue in cheek --- a play on words.

Nothing literal here.

Nothing to look at here ....

So you hear them out of Tyndall almost every day ?? That's jolly. I used to beat them out of Tyndall
almost every day. (clarification: i.e., twin-jet "raptors" in the form of F-15 "Eagles") :)

Wishin' ??? As long as we're wishin' .... wish I still had this jet.

Still wishing ??? A very wise Bombardier once told me ..."you can wish in one hand and sh!t in the other --- see which one fills up first ... "

Pure Navy poetry ... :)

A4's, I'm coming up for orders soon and I'm looking to Fly F-5's in Key West. Looking forward to wearing the red star.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
montellv said:
A4's, I'm coming up for orders soon and I'm looking to Fly F-5's in Key West. Looking forward to wearing the red star.
If you do .... you'll NEVER be sorry. GREAT experience(s). CONGRATs in advance. :)