• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re-entry waiver?

zenryo

Not to resurrect this thread from its 6-foot grave but is Surface Warfare Officer with Intel Option an option for me? I have seen a 35 yr max for this program and similar preferences for intel-ish degrees? Tried asking my recruiter but I'm assuming I am on the back-burner waiting for word from MEPS on my medical record from 10 years ago (which I am told they can't find my entrance medical stuff). My research around seems to indicate this is a viable route but just looking for confirmation. I understand Surface is still on hold until next fiscal year.

Thanks for any help. Rufio, hope I have answered the usual question 1 and 2. :)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Not to resurrect this thread from its 6-foot grave but is Surface Warfare Officer with Intel Option an option for me? I have seen a 35 yr max for this program and similar preferences for intel-ish degrees? Tried asking my recruiter but I'm assuming I am on the back-burner waiting for word from MEPS on my medical record from 10 years ago (which I am told they can't find my entrance medical stuff). My research around seems to indicate this is a viable route but just looking for confirmation. I understand Surface is still on hold until next fiscal year.

There's only SWO-IW and IP options nowadays. No SWO-Intel. Aside from age same criteria apply.

exNavyOffRec

I am pretty sure MEPS records fall under the 7 year rule where after 7 years the records are destroyed

zenryo

Oh wow! I was not aware of that! Thanks! So, they must make a new file then and bring me in I guess? I was told I was waiting for MEPS to give my recruiter the word and that we would have a week heads up.