• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reality Hits The Executive Branch...

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
By that logic I should be telling you when I hit the toilet with my piss right? Oops I made a mistake. I better tell everyone.
I hate analogies; they are innaccurate by definition and we treat them as empirical equivalents when arguing. :icon_rage

The degree of fail involved with pissing on a seat doesn't even approach the degree of shenanigans that appear to have gone on with GITMO.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So, just to recenter this discussion and save us (me) from any more retarded analogies/commets; the article was mostly in regards to eavesdropping (specifically electronic) not Gitmo or covering up mistakes. I, for one, am actually for public acknowledgement of mistakes (subs hitting ships, P-3's spinning, Peppermint Patty abusing some prisoners) because we ultimately are accountable to the people we protect.

My issue is that the "people" don't need to know all of what we do to protect them. Especially when public knowledge of those actions would endanger the measures being taken for our security. That is why we have security classifications, why we only give people we trust security clearances, and why some shit never needs to see the light of day...

Pickle