• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve officer?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bravo Company graduated a Lt that is going back to his reserve recon unit in San Antonio, TX.

Before TBS or IOC? Im guessing that is the case, many Lts go abck to their reserve units before going to whatever school they have next. Not necessarily a good idea though, it is hard to go from being a Sgt, Cpl LCpl one day adn one of the guys to being an O.

riley

jam,

question it all you want, he was in my fire team at TBS.

he went to TBS, then just recently graduated IOC and is now back with his reserve recon unit (I believe it is 4th Recon) in TX.

Both him and another recon bubba went back to their reserve units after IOC.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
jam,

question it all you want, he was in my fire team at TBS.

he went to TBS, then just recently graduated IOC and is now back with his reserve recon unit (I believe it is 4th Recon) in TX.

Both him and another recon bubba went back to their reserve units after IOC.

The links Crowbar provided clears things up...I am still going to question people on things that don't sound on the up and up...obviously his case was rare...either way wish him all the best...

Crowbar

None
The thing with RECP is that you know you are going to a reserve unit BEFORE you even go to OCS. You know what unit you will be going to and what your MOS will be. It's not like you get to TBS and decide, hey, I want to do this part time and you do it. Plus, the order says the program is designed to give qualified enlisted Marines the chance to do this. Maybe I missed it but I don't remember reading anything about giving Joe off the street the opportunity.