• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rethink getting a hotel in a foreign Port

MasterBates

There are certain places I'd rather sleep on the boat. Ghana is one of them.

I'm still staying in town in Germany, Bahrain, Spain, Italy if able.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's a very short list of hotels that are "approved" for folks going downrange here in HOA, to Kenya, Uganda, etc, and this sort of thing is why. FORCEPRO is no joke.

The upside is they tend to be the really nice hotels, with room service, pool bars and such to go with their gates and armed guards. Another bonus: they're usually also the ones used by airline crews.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh please, come on. That's standard Navy reactionary thinking. Cause of death isn't even known yet. Who knows, maybe they're responsible for their own deaths. That, and staying in Ghana is not the same as staying in say, Japan.

BourneID

pilot
Oh please, come on. That's standard Navy reactionary thinking. Cause of death isn't even known yet. Who knows, maybe they're responsible for their own deaths. That, and staying in Ghana is not the same as staying in say, Japan.

Thats why I said Pending the outcome I would rethink. Its possible they OD or Drank to much, but like MB said, in Ghana, I would probably sleep on the boat, in Italy, spain, bahrain, I would party like a rock star.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ghana is not Perth or Hobart....

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
As much as I loved Hobart, the Aussies tend to think of Tasmania as their version of West Virginia, with banjos and wife/cousin/sisters.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....I was always a fan of staying off the boat when possible, but pending the outcome of this, I might rethink it.
Naaaaaaa .... stick with your first inclination. Beach trumps BOAT.

Guys will die on the BOAT, too. ALWAYS stay on the beach if you have a choice. ALWAYS be the squadron "admin" officer on the beach, if the opportunity presents itself.

[SIZE=-1]In all the gin joints in all the towns in all the ports in all the world[/SIZE]
-- I've NEVER seen one that is worse than USS BOAT when it comes down to eatin', breathin', drinkin' and sleepin' .... :)

Well ... the guys @ Diego Garcia DID want to come out to the ship for showers and ice cream in 1973-74 ... mebbe that was worse.

And then there was the COD mail run into Karachi for 4 hours .... :eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It had everything to do with the specific port, there was obviously nothing to do but drink yourself to death..... Ohh wait on second thought isn't that what we try to do in every port?

Sounds like what we do in Lemoore as well...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It had everything to do with the specific port, there was obviously nothing to do but drink yourself to death..... Ohh wait on second thought isn't that what we try to do in every port?
Not when you're on the mighty Abe Lincoln and upper management tries to limit how many drinks you can have. I kid you not.

Westpac '02-'03...."Shock n Awe"........"Get over it"

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Not when you're on the mighty Abe Lincoln and upper management tries to limit how many drinks you can have. I kid you not.

Seems pretty common theme across the fleet these days. 0-0-1-3 (or whatever the latest amount of 0s they can come up with) anyone?