• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rhino Demo

HUDcripple

pilot
Is it like a "roll-away" and pull underneath ??? I.e., change direction of the turn ?? I got spoiled with the high roll rate of the A4

It is a technique to get the flight control computers to do what you want as rapidly as possible. It is normally used at high AOA, lowish airspeed, such as a ditch during a BFM fight. (Think pull pull pull pull pull, hyber, pull pull pull pull pull). What the jet does is breaks the AOA, then rolls at max roll rate. Normally the pilot stops the roll after 180 degrees. In the C, or almost any other airplane for that matter, this is done by FIRST breaking the AOA with an agressive bunt, THEN rolling with rudder and/or aileron. In the Rhino the FCCs don't respond to this technique as well as they do the hyber, plus the hyber is very easy to execute with looking over your shoulder. Not to mention it is easy to explain to a student.

To summarize: the jet doesn't do anything special, just a name for Rhino-specific control input to effect a standard BFM ditch.

navyao

I dont think he's talking about the hyber. I think he's talkin about turbo nose down. looks like the plane is going straight up then pushes over (-g's) to level flight? This would not be a hyber. Also dont recall the hyber being that many -g's. But then again I dont look at how many g's + or - while doing bfm.

I think that's it...Does the push - pull maneuver sound familiar? The more I watch the Rhino fly the more impressed I am with it. Being a former Tomcat Ordy I'm partial to that airplane, but one thing's for certain, that Bug can turn tight! WOW!

Thanks for all the replys gentelman.