• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ROTC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

af_rotc

Banned
I'm a 4-year scholarship winner for Air Force ROTC. I don't know if it's different in the NAvy or not but I'm wondering about what needs to be done in the near future. I've heard I'll need to pass the PFT and also take the AFOQT soon, but I'm nto sure how soon and if that is a req. for 4-year scholarship cadets right away. Anybody knwo about this?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
My crystal ball is broken, maybe you should try google.

Air Force ROTC Information Center ...I'm no expert, but this might be a good place to start.

AFROTC.com?? Incredible.

Have you tried picking up a phone and calling the school you are going to be attending?

Let me get a jump on your next question: Your future AFROTC unit's phone number can be found here.

(Edit: It took me less than 15 seconds to locate all that information. It took you longer to write your question than it would have taken to find your answer)

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Start working on your golf game, I heard its a part of the PFT.

Also start practicing flying off the handle each time someone in the Naval service makes fun of you for anything, apparently that's a new priority.

(note to that AFROTC clown from ERAU with no sense of humor: Don't bother correcting me... It will only make it worse.)

Honestly you're asking the wrong people for information/advice. We cannot provide any sort of useful information other than stuff that you could have found on your own using google.

af_rotc

Banned
Geeze, sorry for asking for help on a military pilot message board.

Huey, I know you were trying to be a smartass but you didn't come close.

AFROTC.com doesn't provide that information (trust me, I checked).

I searched google and nothing about when I need to take the AFOQT.

I've already been in contact with my Det. several times and they told me to wait for my information packet, which I got today and recieved the information I needed.

Good for you, it took you 15 seconds to come up with websites to search through for possible information, which, in reality the information isn't on. Oops, you're not as quick as you hthought you were

Sorry I ran into a bunch of sour asses

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I think you're entirely missing the point... the Navy is not the Air Force. AFROTC is not NROTC... I have no idea what an AFOQT is- I'm not sure many Navy guys do. The point is, if we tried to help you by providing anything other then the links or encouraging you to search on your own- we could very well screw you over (unintentionally of course) if you listened to us, because we cant speak intelligently on your situation and only tell what worked for us.

Perhaps the only people on this board who might be able to answer your questions is thriller and crateofthunder(sp?).

Oh, and if you think you've been roughed up here... go try the base ops forums... those guys seem far less tolerent with newbies, repeat questions and stupid posts. I'd suggest you sign up there with a different name as well... an Air Force officer you are not... yet.

af_rotc

Banned
zippy said:
I think you're entirely missing the point... the Navy is not the Air Force. AFROTC is not NROTC... I have no idea what an AFOQT is- I'm not sure many Navy guys do. The point is, if we tried to help you by providing anything other then the links or encouraging you to search on your own- we could very well screw you over (unintentionally of course) if you listened to us, because we cant speak intelligently on your situation and only tell what worked for us.

Perhaps the only people on this board who might be able to answer your questions is thriller and crateofthunder(sp?).

Oh, and if you think you've been roughed up here... go try the base ops forums... those guys seem far less tolerent with newbies, repeat questions and stupid posts. I'd suggest you sign up there with a different name as well... an Air Force officer you are not... yet.

Then a simple, we can't help you would have done. But thanks anyways.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
af_officer said:
So basically, you're an idiot...
Stop right there, we know you're not an Officer yet... hell we know you're not even a cadet yet... Going around calling someone an idiot when you're a nobody is a bad idea.

Internet or not, anything you write comes back to bite you someday. You might as well get in the habit now of biting your tounge/holding back on the keyboard when you want to call someone an idiot.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Don't point him to the afrotc website, that might lead to you being called an "idiot" by a high school kid...

Besides, obviously no useful information on Air Force ROTC can be gleaned from going to AFROTC websites, calling actual AFROTC detachments, or going to other Air Force websites. No, the correct place to find the required info is certainly on Naval Aviation websites.

Hey "af_officer" (Quotation marks to indicate that you are in no way whatsoever affiliated with the United States Air Force, and are not even remotely close to actually having the title of "Air Force Officer"), have you tried this website?

http://www.usarmyaviation.com/

If Naval Aviation websites are good for finding information on Air Force ROTC, then Army Websites are even better!

If that doesn't work, try this: Coast Guard Aviation Association
or this: Law Enforcement Aviation
or maybe: Canadian Air Force

If they are unable to answer your "easily-researchable-with-a-little-initiative-and-a-phone-book-or-google questions", be sure to call them idiots - because it's their problem you can't figure out this information for yourself.

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
HueyCobra8151 said:
Don't point him to the afrotc website, that might lead to you being called an "idiot" by a high school kid...

Besides, obviously no useful information on Air Force ROTC can be gleaned from going to AFROTC websites, calling actual AFROTC detachments, or going to other Air Force websites. No, the correct place to find the required info is certainly on Naval Aviation websites.

Hey "af_officer" (Quotation marks to indicate that you are in no way whatsoever affiliated with the United States Air Force, and are not even remotely close to actually having the title of "Air Force Officer"), have you tried this website?

http://www.usarmyaviation.com/

If Naval Aviation websites are good for finding information on Air Force ROTC, then Army Websites are even better!

If that doesn't work, try this: Coast Guard Aviation Association
or this: Law Enforcement Aviation
or maybe: Canadian Air Force

If they are unable to answer your "easily-researchable-with-a-little-initiative-and-a-phone-book-or-google questions", be sure to call them idiots - because it's their problem you can't figure out this information for yourself.

:D LMAO......

Status
Not open for further replies.