• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ROTC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
af_officer said:
I've heard I'll need to pass the PFT and also take the AFOQT soon, but I'm nto sure how soon and if that is a req. for 4-year scholarship cadets right away. Anybody knwo about this?

" Scholarship cadets and cadets in the POCProfessional Officer Course - ROTC course for juniors and seniors., however, must pass the test each fall and spring term

The PFT is composed of three events in the following order:

Push-ups
Crunches
1.5-mile run "

that is taken directly from that website.

Are you retarded or something.. That would probably medically disqualify you from the AF. If you can't read information off of a website I wouldn't be too worried about passing the AFOQT, it won't happen.

I shouldn't be wasting my time with this... :icon_rage

af_rotc

Banned
af_officer said:
I'm a 4-year scholarship winner for Air Force ROTC. I don't know if it's different in the NAvy or not but I'm wondering about what needs to be done in the near future. I've heard I'll need to pass the PFT and also take the AFOQT soon, but I'm not sure how soon and if that is a req. for 4-year scholarship cadets right away. Anybody know about this?

Hmmm... that information doesn't answer my question.

The question would be "Do I need to pass the PFT before entering AFROTC?"

And you're answer would be "In order to keep your scholarship, you must pass the test each semester." Which is something I already knew and is not an answer to my question.

Again, thanks anyways and I recieved my detailed information packet from AFOATS which answered my question.

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
Wow you guys seem awfully defensive about being in the Navy. I'll answer his question.

If you're still in high school right now, you won't need to worry about the AFOQT and PFT until you show up for college (unless they tell you otherwise). Go on baseops.net if you want more info about prep for the AFOQT and PFT and pretty much anything else with the Air Force. They'll be nicer to you over there unless you fail to use the search function before asking a question. PM me if you have any specific questions about AFROTC, I'll be glad to answer.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
spitfiremkxiv said:
Wow you guys seem awfully defensive about being in the Navy. I'll answer his question.

Eh, only about half as defensive as Air Force members are about being in the Air Force...

af_rotc

Banned
Thanks spit, it was stupid of me to think I could rationalize with the Navy. I'll fault myself there.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
spitfiremkxiv said:

If you're still in high school right now, you won't need to worry about the AFOQT and PFT until you show up for college (unless they tell you otherwise). Go on baseops.net if you want more info about prep for the AFOQT and PFT and pretty much anything else with the Air Force. They'll be nicer to you over there unless you fail to use the search function before asking a question. PM me if you have any specific questions about AFROTC, I'll be glad to answer.

If you are applying for an AFROTC scholarship, you must pass the PFT as part of your initial application. If you don't know, now you know.
I applied for an AFROTC scholarship earlier this school year. You must provide teacher recommendations, transcripts, personal statements, and a PFT score in order to be able to be interviewed by the AFROTC Recruiter in your area.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
af_officer said:
Thanks spit, it was stupid of me...

Yeah that was the only stupid thing you did... right?

For someone who isn't even a cadet you talk a lot of sh!t. You're a "scholarship winner" not a Medal of Honor winner.

BTW - what school did you say you'll be attending in the Fall?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Man, this thread has "lock" written all over it. Aim High!

(so good I had to use it again)

Attachments

• Airforce.JPG
    Airforce.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.