• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Run classification at OCS

Raptor2216

Benson said:
I have been training for 4 weeks now and i am consistently running 3 miles in between 22:00 and 22:30 every time. I run sprints, 4 mile runs, and 6 mile runs but i can not seem to break 22:00 minutes... if i show up to OCC with this time will i be in the "pathetic/turtle" group ... and do many ppl that show up with this time make it the full 10 weeks?... thanks

additionally, my PFT score is always above a 260 cause i can max the pull-ups and sit-ups.

You gotta run hills if you can. Back when I was young and returning to OCS for sr's, I started running a month before my report date and I probably ran for about 2.5 weeks out of that month and my in-PFT was 19:35.

The running that I did do was done up and down hills. I was also mountain biking regularly and that really helped a great a deal. So, IMO, hills are your friends when it comes to improving your PFT run time.

Just to reply to the original post, my platoon was split up into the rabbits and turtles for squad runs. I'm proud to say that I was a rabbit.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I'd recommend doing some leg work on the universal machine at the gym at well. I've never been a lifter by any means, but I found my run time dropped from ~20 to ~19 after working on the actual strength of my legs instead of just endurance from running.

Anyone have some advice to a candidate heading back to seniors? Its been a couple years but if I train for a week or so I can still get into the lower 290s. Should I concentrate mostly on boots/utes if all the cvf stuff is really out of the seniors syllabus? Right now my only regular workout is wrestling with a 3 mile run here and there so I need to get back into it before july.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Dude, if you're rocking a 290, don't sweat it. Don't mess with all that boots and utes trash. Just show up nice and rested. You'll be fine.

Raptor2216

DBLang,

Just as Doc said, don't sweat it. You know what they expect out of you at OCS so just do your best to please them. Don't do anything to attract unnecessary attention and stay hydrated. Goodluck.

PLCOSU

I agree if you're hitting the 280's plus on a PFT, you should be good to go. By the 2nd week at Seniors you'll be back in the groove and if you don't get injured or start slacking you'll probably hit that 300 by the end.

I was the same as you on my PFT going into Seniors, and ended up getting back into the PT/PFT groove with ease, even though the step it up a notch. Going back to Seniors for me was more like, going through pick up again, dealing with candidate induced stress and focusing more on academics and the leadership spectrum (SULE's, billets, Leadership reaction course(where female Captains tell you how to lead your fireteam through a combat scenario)). Roger?

Carno

Insane
tegbold said:
Leadership reaction course(where female Captains tell you how to lead your fireteam through a combat scenario)). Roger?
Hahaha... I never even stopped to think how funny that is until I just read your post...

Crowbar

None
Carno said:
Hahaha... I never even stopped to think how funny that is until I just read your post...

What's so funny about it? The part about them being women? Yeah, that's a riot. Cause there aren't women in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. Guess you two can't learn anything unless it's from somebody from your own demographic, right?

Carno

Insane
Crowbar said:
What's so funny about it? The part about them being women? Yeah, that's a riot. Cause there aren't women in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. Guess you two can't learn anything unless it's from somebody from your own demographic, right?
Ummm.... okay dude.