• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

San Antonio this weekend...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
ROTC kids, (and I guess academy people that are home),

I'll be in San Antonio this weekend at the international airport for a Xcountry. I'd be happy to static display the mighty TH-57 and provide pictures of mom/dad and a background on anyting-you-want in my pipeline.

Please feel free to give my cell a ring. 850-377-5481.

R,
Dan

Blast! If only I read this a few weeks prior! Oh well maybe next time.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure how it is past primary, but we could only fly to places with 'contract fuel'. This pretty much means that the government has a contract with the local fbo. The website below tells you what airports have those contracts. Just click on the links in the middle of the screen to get through the first couple of pages.

https://www.airseacard.com/help/help_index.html

Ahhh, it's good to be a helo.

Generally you usually go to contract fuel locations, mainly because of security. However, the good way to get around this is to refuel at a close stop that has contract fuel, and then hop over to wherever you may want to whether it has contract fuel or not. We do this in Washington DC occasionally. You do have to be careful, however, that you don't land somewhere that may charge a ramp fee because you're not buying gas...And the security factor. Don't ever want to be that guy who has to explain why the helo was "tagged" by a local gang member.

~Dan

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
For my two Tracom CCXs it was where the IP wanted to go. In your case I'd say it depends more on what type of aircraft you fly... There is a limit on how many legs/hrs/ bags of gas you can go per day on a CC (At least there was in Wing 4). Couldn't make it to Maine from Corpus in a T-34 (DC was about the northern limit IIRC) but could in a T-44 (Think Bruinswick).

You could make Chicago Midway from Corpus as well (something to think about for Primary studs in RIs...). You couldn't feel your ass for about 24 hours after the flight, but it was worth it.