• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjxc415

pilot
flynhi said:
Who gets the leadership scholarship? I would think a 2/C has a much better chance than a 4/C or 3/C just because they've had more time with the unit and therefore more leadership experience.

I believe 2/c generally get advanced standing (which includes stipend but not tuition assistance) as opposed to the scholarship. basically the navy doesn't want to give the full boat to these 2/c but recognizes their commitment to the program and ability to be an officer. whether or not 2/c are able or allowed to get the leadership scholarship, i'm not sure. i just know that every singe one i've seen in my unit has been awarded to a 3/c.

RABB

flynhi said:
Now I'm thoroughly confused. Is the PNS scholarship the same as the Leadership scholarship?
I believe it's referred to as the PNS Leadership Scholarship, so yes it's one in the same. I'm in the same boat as you are flynhi. I have a 3.5 gpa, non-tech major, and hoping to get a scholarship also. It's competitive but I think with a good gpa we still have a shot.

RABB

flynhi said:
Man, too many of us! Do you know what the earliest is that we could find out?
I have no idea about the 3 1/2 year, your guess is as good as mine. That would be awesome to get back to school after break to have one waiting for you. All I know for the 3 year is you should find out some time in the spring, not sure exactly when. Good luck!

RABB

For all you guys in NROTC without a scholarship, have you checked the www.nrotc.navy.mil site lately? This is weird. I applied for a scholarship last year and didn't receive one, but if I log on now it states that my application has been received, blah, blah, blah. What the heck is up with that? The last time I logged on last year, I got the "We're sorry to inform you..." crap. Now it's like I've applied again, but I haven't. Anyone else experience this or know what this means? Why wouldn't it still give me the original rejection notification?

Status
Not open for further replies.