• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scratch another PROWLER off the inventory

joshmf

Good to hear everyone's safe.

From the article, about the Prowler: "It is typically classified as the U.S. Navy's primary aircraft." I wonder who said that, and if every NA or NFO agrees :D.

Rubiks06

pilot
There were a few typos in that article. Maybe they meant to say the Navy's primary ew aircraft.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good to hear they're all safe. There's a bunch of good guys/girls in that squadron.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it would be a good idea to remind all concerned that this is not the time or the place to speculate on mishap causal factors.

5 o'clock news anchor: "And according to several Navy aircrew on the website airwarriors.com . . ."

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
The Gauntlets down one huh? Glad everyone made it out ok. Was the editor out to lunch on that article or what?

docpup

What is another word for theaurus?
Howdy all, a little OPSEC free information. I am at HSC-25 and we were the guys who picked them up. We got the call and the first bird was recalled from a day fam re-crewed (Pilots, crew chief, 2 swimmers, and SAR HM), fresh gas, and launched within 15 minutes. The second crew (Pilots, crew chief, 2 swimmers, and myself) was alerted and enroute within 25 minutes. Both birds were on scene with swimmers in the water within 35 minutes. Additionally another military 60 (non-HSC-25) was also in the area for additional support. CC was at altitude controling air space and VFA assett loitered for additional support.

First bird pulled 3 crewman, second bird pulled one. All personnel were brought to Naval Hospital Guam for the obligatory blood loss and paperwork, in good spirits and minor discomfort.

Could have gone much worse, but we are all glad it didn't. The saddest part of my job is that someone has to have a really shitty day for me to use my training. Glad everyone got out, good chutes, and minor injuries...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the report. Good stuff guys....and rep for one of the best avatars ever!:D:D

Glad everyone's alright!

thebluto

pilot
None
Sorry - changed my post

Sorry, just brainstorming, but realize this isn't the place
I think it would be a good idea to remind all concerned that this is not the time or the place to speculate on mishap causal factors.

5 o'clock news anchor: "And according to several Navy aircrew on the website airwarriors.com . . ."

OldNavy

The Gauntlets down one huh? Glad everyone made it out ok. Was the editor out to lunch on that article or what?

Newsies don't know, don't care...

When I was on Guam, we had a couple of JMSDF P-2's fly in. Not sure what model, but they were the ones they re-engined with turboprops.

Anyway the news reader on TV referred to them as "highly modified P-3's"

Glad to hear the Prowler crew is OK.