• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sedona, AZ. FINALLY!

phrogpilot73

I've wanted to fly into Sedona for as long as I can remember. Yesterday, we finally did...

IMGP0361.jpg

IMGP0364.jpg

IMGP0373.jpg

IMGP0376.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Really nice country. Pretty staggering field elevations up in that area though. I remember flying out of Prescott (7000ish' MSL) in a Beech Bonanza; we took off at 6:30 AM in the summertime and were still only able to make about 300 fpm on the climbout. :eek:

navy09

None
Were you were at DMAFB yesterday? I saw a -46 out there, assumed it was out from Yuma though.

Great pics- can't beat Sedona.

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
I hate reservists, what with their "good deals" and such...

My immediate boss does a Christmas thing with the Navaho indian kids on the reservation in Ariz. His big reward is to load up a Phrog (west coast reservists) and fly down the Grand Canyon to the Havi Supi (sp) tribal village. Now he is an old AF boom operator so he thinks riding a Phrog over the edge of the canyon it "the bomb"

I think I would to :D

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
I remember flying out of Prescott (7000ish' MSL) in a Beech Bonanza;

Prescott is 5000' MSL. In the summer it was regularly over 10,000' density altitude though.

Also got to watch a 182 crash on takeoff out of P-town once. He didn't de-ice, made it just off the runway, over the golf course and the two roads and spun her in...killed the two in the front, two in the back lived.

Sedona was always a fun $100 hamburger. They used to make the best buffalo burger I've ever had at the airport restaurant.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
God I love Arizona. The airport is one of the best places in town to watch the sun go down and that says a lot.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Spent a month in Phoenix one Memorial Day weekend, I thought it would never end.

Sedona actually looks pretty nice, if it's anything like Flagstaff I'm sure I'd like it. I really like pictures 1, 2, and 4. On #2, nice shot of your approach!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Spent a month in Phoenix one Memorial Day weekend, I thought it would never end.

Sedona actually looks pretty nice, if it's anything like Flagstaff I'm sure I'd like it. I really like pictures 1, 2, and 4. On #2, nice shot of your approach!

Actually it's quite a bit different than Flagstaff but I love them both. The extra 3,000 feet changes a lot. Climate, plants, geography are all different. Plus Sedona is full of rich new age hippies while Flag has poor hippies, working folks and college kids. I'd still live in Sedona though, just for the red rocks.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Prescott is 5000' MSL. In the summer it was regularly over 10,000' density altitude though.

Also got to watch a 182 crash on takeoff out of P-town once. He didn't de-ice, made it just off the runway, over the golf course and the two roads and spun her in...killed the two in the front, two in the back lived.

Sedona was always a fun $100 hamburger. They used to make the best buffalo burger I've ever had at the airport restaurant.

I was at ERAU Prescott when that crash happened. Interesting to hear what caused it.

I was also there when two senior flight instructors had a midair during a "form" flight practicing for some airshow, and they both died. REALLY somber couple weeks.

As for Sedona, I flew over there a couple times on my cross country flights when I was earning my PPL out of KPRC in the summer of 2006. BEAUTIFUL flying, even though I hated every minute in PRC...

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
I was at ERAU Prescott when that crash happened. Interesting to hear what caused it.

I was also there when two senior flight instructors had a midair during a "form" flight practicing for some airshow, and they both died. REALLY somber couple weeks.

As for Sedona, I flew over there a couple times on my cross country flights when I was earning my PPL out of KPRC in the summer of 2006. BEAUTIFUL flying, even though I hated every minute in PRC...

you and me were there at the same time then. I started in '01, graduated spring '05. BSAE here, flew out of skischool for my ppl, northscare for my instrument. I spent way too much time studying and not enough time enjoying AZ. PRC wouldn't have been half bad if I would have been enjoying my hobbies more (hunting mainly).