• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

seeking wingwoman

Hey, how's it going?

This is a stupid question from mil noob...no history in family since WWII. Both grandfathers served with distinction but have passed on. One Navy enlisted, one Army infantry.

I know aviation has changed a lot then. I really would like to find a girlfriend/spouse who would like to fly as much as I do. I see this as the only viable way to really advance well. I've read a lot about aviation spouses online.

Any advice on how to find a partner who longs for the skies as much as I do?

Average Tuesday: in the air. Average weekend: in the outdoors. That's the ideal for me, at least.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey, how's it going?

This is a stupid question from mil noob...no history in family since WWII. Both grandfathers served with distinction but have passed on. One Navy enlisted, one Army infantry.

I know aviation has changed a lot then. I really would like to find a girlfriend/spouse who would like to fly as much as I do. I see this as the only viable way to really advance well. I've read a lot about aviation spouses online.

Average Tuesday: in the air. Average weekend: in the outdoors. That's the ideal for me, at least.

Craigslist? Dating apps? Lol

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I’m glad I married a civilian who is happy in the passenger seat. She loves to fly- as long as I’m at the controls. She has no interest in learning to fly herself.

Damn good thing I didn’t marry another pilot. Pilots are crazy. There’s only room enough for one of us (me) in the house.

YMMV.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Join as many flying organizations as possible. Be one of the 50 dudes who tries to date her. Beat out the other 49, don't fuck the relationship away, get married.

My wife loves to sail and hates flying. That's still a win for me.

Or, realize that your hobby is yours, her hobby will be hers, and that you don't have to have your entire identity wrapped up in one thing.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I’m glad I married a civilian who is happy in the passenger seat. She loves to fly- as long as I’m at the controls. She has no interest in learning to fly herself.

Damn good thing I didn’t marry another pilot. Pilots are crazy. There’s only room enough for one of us (me) in the house.

YMMV.

I dunno, theres some merit to it… my buddy and his pilot wife just bought a $1mil lake house in their first year at United…

villo0692

Hey, how's it going?

i met my girlfriend in flight school and things are going great, and so have a couple of my friends here. there's no shortage of women in NIFE/Primary/Advanced or in the Pensacola area as a whole. however, don't be that guy who just goes around and hits on everyone, is creepy and will probably get you in a very uncomfortable spot.

also, back in my enlisted time, we found out my chief had a dating profile in Craigslist, lots and lots of paragraphs about loving long walks on the beach and enjoying 26 hr trips to Australia, along with the most crisp Jersey Shore selfie as the crowning jewel of said dating site. He became the laughing stock of the squadron for a hot minute and the root of tons of inside jokes. don't be that guy either

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
But be careful…some girls might confuse “going flying” with…puff, puff, snort…”going flying.”