• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sent In My Application

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hey everybody, I just sent in my application for the NROTC Scholarship today. Wish Me Luck!

Also, for those of you who applied, how long did it take to hear back from the Navy? What comes next? Oh, and there was something about an interview, is it tough? Thanks, just wondering what to expect.:D

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Interview isn't hard if they see you're focused... although it does seem pretty late to have sent in your app. I sent mine in I think Octoberish and got the scholarship to Penn State in March I believe...

But at the same time, my friend sent hers in December and was given hers to Texas A&M probably late Jan or early Feb... so who knows.

Get the interview done -- they aren't gonna go over your app until you do.

B

Blutonski816

I got contacted about an interview before my app was even finished...

Just got through the interview today...

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
The interview is a cake walk. The nrotc scholarship LT went from asking why i shouldnt do the navy and be an officer to sea stories in perth australia and southeast asia.

I sent my package around Nov and found out feb. I checked that damn website like every friggen day. My brother also just submitted his package in oct.

Good luck gents. Getting the scholarship is life-changing :)

mike172

GO NAVY
are u applying for 3 year or 2 year? What are your scores and what not? What is your major?

Thanks

B

Blutonski816

Fezz CB said:
The interview is a cake walk. The nrotc scholarship LT went from asking why i shouldnt do the navy and be an officer to sea stories in perth australia and southeast asia.

No Sh!t! I was interviewed by NRD San Diego's OpsO. Cool dude, we ened up having a little convo about Computer Programming, Brown Shoes and Leather jackets. Not exactly Sea Stories, but we did laugh it up a bit.

No sweat, just remember to stand/sit up straight, look the interviewer in the eye, and the ever-important firm handshake...:)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
My interview went awesome back in the day... the guy asked if I wanted to be "Maverick, with your hair on fire at mach 2." and I said, "well, while I'd like to fly a jet platform, I'm really looking for any carrier-based aircraft. Even the E-2 I think has a pretty cool mission." And he was like "Son, you just scored some major bonus points... no one ever talks about the E-2 and that's my old squadron."

I just about shat my pants with happiness.

Remember checking the website everyday as well... and checked it one day in class and jumped up and my teacher was like "wtf?" and I just kinda stood there like "there's no way I got this" and he was pretty happy for me. I was psyched.

Good luck to you all.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just did my interview today. The recruiter thought I was an outstanding candidate and is putting in a glowing recomendation. It went pretty well. Did anyone else take the Strong Interest Survey thingy?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah I took that applying for the scholarship and the academy. Kinda random, but I guess it has a purpose.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Blutonski816 said:
No Sh!t! I was interviewed by NRD San Diego's OpsO. Cool dude, we ened up having a little convo about Computer Programming, Brown Shoes and Leather jackets. Not exactly Sea Stories, but we did laugh it up a bit.

No sweat, just remember to stand/sit up straight, look the interviewer in the eye, and the ever-important firm handshake...:)

He didnt happen to be a LT filipino-helo bubba? If so, that guy was cool as sh!t. He totally got me excited about naval aviation. If it wasnt for his charisma, id probably still be at mesa college and working at edwards cinemas as a projectionist :eek:

B

Blutonski816

no....
He was an O-4, white guy, Surface Supply Corps.
He asked if I had and idea of what community I was looking to get into, and of course, I said Aviation. He mentioned he wanted Aviation when he was a MIDN (he was also commissioned Via NROTC), and he reminded me that getting aviation will be a "needs of the Navy thing", but he only mentioned it once and he didn't say it in a manner to discourage me about it. Either way we clicked and it went real smooth.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Congrats...as for hearing from them, I got my scholarship in '96 and was "wait-listed"...part of the acceptance is also what school you want to go to...

For instance, my first choice was Georgia Tech, an out-of-state cost ~11K/year. If I put Notre Dame or Colorado first, (upwards of 25K/year) I may not have gotten it...

Either way, my "wait-list" letter came in Feburary with acceptance on 1APR (I was glad that the Navy isn't into April Fools Day)...

Good luck and let us know what happens.
~D

iwishiwaseatin

Hmm mhhmm
pilot
Did anyone else find out there acceptance really late? I was submitted by Dec. 02 but didnt find out until the following june 03. I guess I barely made it, but c is for completion too.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
Wish Me Luck!

Good luck.

Wow i used to laugh at people who posted drunk on here...then i had to go and do it...but seriously though...i meant the good luck part.

snizo

Supply Officer
I think my interview back in the day consisted of two questions ('can you swim?' and 'were you in the scouts?') nestled in a 45 minutes conversation of sea stories from my ROTC CO ;) but that was back in the day.

Good luck, AllAmerican