• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sent In My Application

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Thanks. I was hoping I'd get to hear some sea stories, 'cuz my recruiter is a salty Chief, but all I got was a lousy set of questions talking about why I should get the scholarship. But hey no biggie, I'm sure y'all have a bunch of sea stories you'd love to share.
I did get to hear the tail end of the interview for another candidate. His didn't go so well. I feel sorry for the guy.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I got a few good sea stories as soon as the guy realized I wasn't just doing it for the scholarship "money" after he asked me what I planned on doing had I not gotten the scholarship:

"Well, I've applied to the Academy and I've also contacted LTs at X and Y university about college program. I've also read about applying to OCS."

That satisified him. :)

And to answer your question, yeah I took the Strong Interest Survey or whatever it was... I just remember some of them being ridiculous as to whether or not you were the right "type" for the Navy... ie: Would you rather be a

jet pilot or steward?
Lacrosse player or golf caddy?

but then there were others that made me think:

accountant or typist?
actuary or notetaker?

Just interesting...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It's great being a Navy brat.

The YNCS that interviewed me served on the same ship (USS Constellation) as my dad. The interviewer just asked me a few questions, but most of the time he was discussing Navy stuff with my dad. The YNCS did say he would put in a very good reccomendation for me.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Hey everyone! My brother just called me to tell me he's been selected for the 2006 4-Year NROTC Scholarship! He'll be taking it to the Univ. of FL. Anyways, good luck for those of you still waitin to hear. Hard work pays off :)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Congrats to your bro; I remember the feeling; so good.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't heard yet, don't give up, this is just the first round I'm sure. Good luck to all.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
congrats to your brother, UF is an awesome school and in my opinion, has the most beautiful women in the southeast!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fezz CB said:
Hey everyone! My brother just called me to tell me he's been selected for the 2006 4-Year NROTC Scholarship! He'll be taking it to the Univ. of FL.

Your brother is obviously wise beyond his years. I have to believe that UF ROTC is a great place to be right now. I think all but one instructor (including the CO) is an alumni.

Johnnyo'

Victory is mine
I just got notified a couple of days ago..awesome feeling. Good Luck to the rest of you guys. It feels good to know that all that hard work payed off.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just received a letter from the Navy saying that I did not qualify for a 4 Year Scholarship.:(

So, looking ahead into the future, I have a big question, if I qualify for and receive a 3 Year Scholarship during my freshman year, would I still be able to go on a 3/c cruise?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
I just received a letter from the Navy saying that I did not qualify for a 4 Year Scholarship.:(

So, looking ahead into the future, I have a big question, if I qualify for and receive a 3 Year Scholarship during my freshman year, would I still be able to go on a 3/c cruise?

My info is a little dated, but... In short, no. If you pick up a scholarship your sophomore year (which I did), you may still be able to go on a cruise (which I managed to do), but it's not guarunteed. Also, it will often times be your 2/c cruise. A friend of mine that also picked it up at the same time got a CORTRAMID cruise instead of a 2/c cruise like I did. So, it's possible, but not the "usual" way of things.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:

If you are given the scholarship that the PNS gives out ( 1 per unit ) , then you should be able to go on cruise. Our leadership awardees are going on cruise with the rest of their class. Otherwise, if you get one of the normal scholarships while in the unit you will have the choice between CORTRAMID and the enlisted cruise. At least thats how it works here, hope that helps!

mike172

GO NAVY
All American, when did u start the application for your scholarship? You were applying for the four year correct? - Thanks

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
mike172 said:
All American, when did u start the application for your scholarship? You were applying for the four year correct? - Thanks

Yes, I apllied for the Four Year Scholarship. I started the process in about October and finished in December.