• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Selection Changes

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Wow, now you guys won't have an excuse like "it wasn't even on my list!" Is this a roundabout way of sending guys to the nuke side even if it isn't the first choice???

It would suck to hear your advisor say:
"well, i WAS on your list...."

gotta_fly

pilot
For those who don't know, the top 5 URL must have all of the following 3:

1390 or 1370
1170 (subs) or 1160N (SWO nuke) for females
1160 (SWO)

How is that possible? Aviation and submarines are both voluntary programs. Did you see this in writing or is it more rumor-mongering?

Python

pilot
Contributor
How is that possible? Aviation and submarines are both voluntary programs. Did you see this in writing or is it more rumor-mongering?

it's in writing. PM me if you want me to send you the document to see for yourself.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
'

It's true. I saw the form when I was stashed. On top of that, to prevent the SWO and Go types from stacking their lists, they can only have one SWO option in their top 3 choices. My SWO wannabe friend therefore had to rank her choices 1160, 1390, 1370, 1160G, and 1160N. I figure the Navy thinks they really can't do anything to keep you in those programs since they are voluntary, but because of "needs of the Navy" they can put you in the programs to start out. Nothing is guaranteed with service selection.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
its just an effort to get more nukes, one of our guys had pilot first choice and still had to go to an interview last year, but while down there he never interviewed...they asked him how long he wanted to be a pilot and he said for about 9 years so they let him go

not sure if its always going to be that easy

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
The more and more I hear about it it sounds like a push for more nukes... Even if you put an (N) as your lowest choice, because it's in your top five you have to go for the nuke physicals and everything else associated.