• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

service transfer question...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me clear something up. Once you get your commission, it won't matter whether you were BDCP, USNA, or OCS before, you can then appply for any interservice transfer available without hinderance. As long as CNRC owns you as a BDCP collegiate it will be next to impossible.

dk009

Pilot in Training
wink said:
Let me clear something up. Once you get your commission, it won't matter whether you were BDCP, USNA, or OCS before, you can then appply for any interservice transfer available without hinderance. As long as CNRC owns you as a BDCP collegiate it will be next to impossible.

well it would be possible for me to transfer then.... does anyone know if this program is still going on? thanks for the help

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
dk009 said:
well it would be possible for me to transfer then.... does anyone know if this program is still going on? thanks for the help
What program?

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
It's not a program, it's just an interservice transfer. Anybody in any service can attempt to do it into any other service. It's not likely, but it's always a possibility.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
dk009 said:
naval sna to marine

I'm sure this is going to start a whole ball of sh!t or flame war, but I'll ask anyway.

Why do you have such a hard-on to switch services already? Do you feel like you made a mistake?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
zab1001 said:
I'm sure this is going to start a whole ball of sh!t or flame war, but I'll ask anyway.

Why do you have such a hard-on to switch services already? Do you feel like you made a mistake?
We had this fight earlier this month in the now deleted "elitism" thread. The Marines beat their chests, the Navy flung poo back at them and the mods got rid of it all.

ip568

None
I know a P-3 PPC O-3 who left the Navy, missed it, and found no Naval Reserve slots. So, he transferred to the Army as a W-1 and went through Army helo training and did 6 years as a helo pilot in the Guard.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
We had this fight earlier this month in the now deleted "elitism" thread. The Marines beat their chests, the Navy flung poo back at them and the mods got rid of it all.

Yeah I remember, I thought maybe something positive could come out of this one, for the guys still deciding what service to go. Along the lines of "figure out the path you want to take before accepting a commission"....or something.

First sign of nonsense, let the deletions begin.

(I start leave tomm night, so I trust the other mods will keep an eye on it)