• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SF...Believe It

Recidivist

Here's to hoping that this thread doesn't turn into a 'lets kill the hippies' and 'down with liberals' dealio. :icon_mi_1

Bound to happen, however fruitless and repeated the discussions may be.
On the good side, fleet week is approaching and the Blues will fly. (The stupid "you can't fly over the city" proposition got sh!tcanned). SF is a fun beautiful city, but there are some really douché trends and leaders. As holds true everywhere, 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.

I've never been to fleet week, but I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. Does anybody know where the Squadrons (not just the Blues) land and are parked. Is it on the boat, or SFO, Moffet, etc.?

Anybody going to be there?

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
On the good side, fleet week is approaching and the Blues will fly. (The stupid "you can't fly over the city" proposition got sh!tcanned). SF is a fun beautiful city, but there are some really douché trends and leaders. As holds true everywhere, 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.

I've never been to fleet week, but I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. Does anybody know where the Squadrons (not just the Blues) land and are parked. Is it on the boat, or SFO, Moffet, etc.?

I would guess Moffet? I think to put them at SFO would disrupt normal flight ops outta there. Moffet is a NASA base and has security etc (and contract fuel!). Just a guess though...

Lonestar155

is good to go

The Blues actually park at SFO int. in the United Airlines hanger. I see them buzz sfo and land every year since they transitioned from NAS Alameda. Fleet week is an amazing weekend. The biggest thrill is seeing the expressions of the hippies as they watch the Blues. There always in awe! Anyways try to get with someone from the area who has a boat and see if they can take you out on the bay. We always dock near Alcatraz where the Blues come really low! Have fun

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I'm originally from the "Bay Area" ... but to be precise the rolling hills and neatly trimmed rows of vineyards that adorn the "wine country" of Napa Valley. now THAT is a nice place to live. Its an hour or two north of Frisco, the people are friendly and for the most part conservative. SF proper however has grown into something that it didn't used to be. SF used to be known for its china town, connections to Asia as part of the pacific rim, and a large Navy community. Now its a little too multi-cultural for my likes, although there are still some nice places to visit.

Many of you have probably been up to the Napa Valley before... but if you haven't its a nice place to relax, sample some wine, meet some nice folks, relax on the river etc. etc. As long as you stay out of Guernville.

I can't believe that the Silent Drill Platoon got kicked off the streets (I mean, I can believe it.. it just pisses me off). Thats one sharp performance, and for an ad campaign to boot....not surprising for SF I guess. Mostly its just the wrong kind of "statement" IMO.

^^ Recidivist -- I'm trying ot make it up to fleet week from down here in socal. Hopefully I can because Miramar is having the T-birds this year instead of the Blues.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Thats what's with wrong with the LEFT COAST. SF's mayor Gavin Newsom is truly anti-american and anti-military. Part of the Left-Wing Kook Fringe base of the Dems.

snake020

Contributor
I'm surprised SF hasn't tried to scrap fleet week-- not just because of their track record but because there's no longer a Navy presence in the Bay area

SkywardET

Contrarian
I've been to SF twice; once for Fleet Week and once as a liberty port. Both times, the people there had been extremely friendly. The only problem I had was the homosexuals asking for my dixie cup... repeatedly. Sorry, but I don't swing that way...

Anyways I recommend Jack's Cannery (and the nearby Dirty Martini) near Fisherman's Wharf. Go there in uniform and see what happens :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I've been to SF twice; once for Fleet Week and once as a liberty port. Both times, the people there had been extremely friendly. The only problem I had was the homosexuals asking for my dixie cup... repeatedly. Sorry, but I don't swing that way...

You know they already had the biker, the Indian, and the cop. Just needed one more to finish the Village People revival and sing a chorus of "In the Navy..."