• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SHE BREACHES !!! (Merged thread ... the other title was too boring ...)

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
PLAN-ed parenthood

I doubt there is another Navy on the planet, sans the USN, that goes to such great pains with mammal mitigation with respect to EER buoys and active pinging. You can be damn sure the PLAN does.

PLAN being Porpoise Legal Assistance Network - PETA's hydrobranch

In all fairness though, who can take seriously a Navy fathered by the army? I mean, People's Liberation Army Navy? Come on.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
about a two years ago a magnificent sight passed by my westerly facing deck -- a pod of @ 30+ Orcas -- from the very smallest to the largest, all heading south at a leisurely pace no more than 200 yards offshore -- a TRULY rare sight in Puget Sound.
A4s, you really need to host a BBQ sometime! No whale steaks of course.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I impaled a whale on the bow of the TR once when I was OOD and happened to be conning at the same time. I was turning into the wind for launch and one of the shooters who was walking the cat track saw it happen. He called the bridge and we backed down but the sucker was stuck. We had to put a boat in the water and pry it off.

Snort was our Gator and he immediately dubbed me Ahab for the rest of the CQ period. He wanted to paint a whale under our superstructure ribbons to commemorate the kill but the Captain wouldn't let him.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PLAN being Porpoise Legal Assistance Network - PETA's hydrobranch

In all fairness though, who can take seriously a Navy fathered by the army? I mean, People's Liberation Army Navy? Come on.

Even better is the PLANAF, the People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I impaled a whale on the bow of the TR once when I was OOD and happened to be conning at the same time. I was turning into the wind for launch and one of the shooters who was walking the cat track saw it happen. He called the bridge and we backed down but the sucker was stuck. We had to put a boat in the water and pry it off.

Yep, was there. Someplace in my slides is a picture of the whale. Need to get those all to digital at some point.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^ If you ever do convert it to a picture, post it or e-mail me a copy. I never did see it.