• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Silly Shoe games

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
I did, since it didn't really relate to the Chinese.
I agree, but how did you split it. Ever since John went to this new format I haven't been able to find that function.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In the lower right where it says "Moderation" and has a drop down menu. You have to check each post that you want to move. I also just discovered it doesn't matter which order you split them, as your CVN-72 comment got split last, but wound up in order.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
ChunksJR said:
CAPT Lupton (and current JFK XO) was the guest speaker at my winging...important part below:

"He is the recipient of the Commander Naval Surface Forces U.S. Pacific Fleet Shiphandler of the Year Award"

Put that in your SWO crack pipe and smoke it!:D

Sorry for the threadjack. The number of Chinese scare me. 1 million men. That's alot.

Holy crap - that's Rudy Lupton. He was one of the salty O-3 HAC's when I showed up at HC-6 as a nugget. My logbook show's my first flight with him on 18 OCT 1988 CH-46D 152555 2K2 (1.5 total, .8 FPT, .8 CPT). KNGU

He was a Kings Point or something like that. Hilarious big guy.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fudog_50 said:
I never heard of a "flower tower", guess thats not a term we use on a Carrier. CATTC reps are in CATTC not on the bridge, however most of those guys stand TAO.

Wrong.

Huh? You really need to know what you're talking about around here.

We've had tower flowers as long as I've been in (21 years). CATCC reps do not stand TAO. What?!!!

Ships' company officers are TAOs in combat. CATCC has it's own manning. The airwings sends reps to CATCC during Case III recoveries and the tower for Case I and II.

Ship and airwing are separate.

1988.....flying off the Aluetian Islands in an F-14A interceping Bears.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
He was a Kings Point or something like that. Hilarious big guy.

Indeed, MMA. Anywho, Steve...my point was showing that some aviators don't only excell in the cockpit. CAPT Lupton is certainly a character and a mentor in my community of cargo haulin' and SAR hole-burning.

~D