• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sink/Scrap list

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Shark fishing off the stern of the Forrestal. One of my more fond memories. Immediately after trash dumping...big hook, turkey or chicken, lots of cable and a windlass.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The CONNIE's on there ... Bummer. :(

dsc01980ep9.jpg

Ace_Austin

pilot
* 2012: ammunition ships Flint, Shasta, Mount Baker and Kiska.

Only way I'll accept that is if I'm the one who pulls the trigger! I spent 4 weeks with a sharpie and a stencil labeling every friggan line in that engine room 12 hours a day. On cadet wages mind you! ($3.33 per hour X "8" hour day = $26.64 a day.)

Attachments

• 040905-N-5232L-074.jpg
    040905-N-5232L-074.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 54

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
too bad about the FID....I did a tiger cruise on her right before the conversion to AVT, which lasted all of about 2 months.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
too bad about the FID....I did a tiger cruise on her right before the conversion to AVT, which lasted all of about 2 months.
One of my ambitions is to be the guy that pushes the button on the FID. Ever since the bow cats dumped a load of hot muck into my bunk with me in it I have had it in for that POS.:D

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I spent 4 weeks with a sharpie and a stencil labeling every friggan line in that engine room 12 hours a day. On cadet wages mind you! ($3.33 per hour X "8" hour day = $26.64 a day.)
Boohoo....I spent my 2ndClass cruise painting the #3 Engine Room on the USS DeWert because my enlisted running mate had "stuff to do before he go out of the Navy next month".:icon_rage

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Boohoo....I spent my 2ndClass cruise painting the #3 Engine Room on the USS DeWert because my enlisted running mate had "stuff to do before he go out of the Navy next month".:icon_rage

Sounds to me like you got a good idea of what being is enlisted is all about. Isn't that what the 2ndClass cruise is supposed to do? ;)

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Ohhh noos... chipping and painting for a month.

"Cadet, we dont like Kings Pointers so your going to be doing deck work your stay on this ship, go talk to the Bosun." Bosun "Here is your needle gun, ears and face shield, start up on the bow"

I like chipping and painting... no one bothers you and you can put ear phones under the mickey mouse ears, nothing like zoning out

Ace, tracing the pump room on the oilers is damn near impossible.... nothing like ship's diagrams to take care of that problem.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Boohoo....I spent my 2ndClass cruise painting the #3 Engine Room on the USS DeWert because my enlisted running mate had "stuff to do before he go out of the Navy next month".

The DeWert didn't have a #3 engine room. At least not when I cruised on her :D
You mean AMR 3?

Ace_Austin

pilot
Kings Pointer? Please. Some of us work for a living. For as much as we hate some ships, we're sad to see them go.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You'd think there'd be a friendly third world nation or two that would like the prestige of a carrier. I bet Colombia would like that big stick to swing in front of Hugo Chavez in Venezuela.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Connie in Singapore Harbor, April 1985. We pulled in here for 3 days barely a week after leaving the PI.

connie2a.jpg

Same pic at night:

connie1a.jpg

A couple o' interesting tidbits:

Connie was the first to operationally deploy with the Plastic Bugs (I'll have to dig up a pic of her "mixed-mode" deck).

Same deployment, same CVBG saw the first operational deployment of the SH-60B. They were on a Perry-class frigate.