• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Smoker Tried to Open Airliner Door

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
I can beat that. We (the squadron) were coming back from a 3 month dry PSAB deployment on a chartered ATA flight. Stopped off in Shannon for gas and some of the Es loaded up in the bar, as well as the duty-free shop. Second leg, one of the Es spikes the cabin crew's drink with scotch and all hell breaks loose. Our CO is livid. Guess who the legal officer is? I end up conducting an investigation with my O-4 PIO on the aircraft and the CO holds mast (just happened to be the perp's 3rd in 10 months) right there on the jet as we fly over the Atlantic. Talk about good times!

Brett
Now THAT is how justice should work - swiftly and expeditiously :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Hal, you flew the Piaggio! how was it, ive seen tons of articles about it, what are your impressions?
I have about 500 hours in it. Fun and fast (for a turbo prop) - .68 mach. Had to really think ahead because it would not slow down unless it was dirty. Very small CG window - hard to balance. Only plane I've ever flown where you pushed the yoke forward to flare (the forward wing would hit ground effect and push the nose right up). Its comparible to a Citation CJ1/CJ2 as far as cabin size, payload, speed and range - but at half the fuel burn. It's a great short to mid range plane.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I dont think it is possible to open up a door inflight, even if you tried. If you notice on the ground when they open, they get pulled inward (toward the cabin) and then are turned and push out. So at altitude, it would be impossible to 'pull' the door open due to the pressure difference.

It can be done. If you look closely at airliner doors, there's a panel that opens when the handle is moved to the first detent - the purpose is to match outside and inside pressure.

(Just my two cents...used to install the damn things...)