• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA select, will I get really get the job I want?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's probably the number of people who get NPQd, not attritted......I probably would if the attrition rate was 25%...

I don't even think that is the number NPQ'd, sounds way too high to me. Sounds like NAMI is pulling stuff out of their ass again.......:D

pal215

None
25% seems right

The 25% number seems right to me. Out of my primary/intermediate class of 16 in Pensacola, 7 were kicked out or quit. In my FRS class of 8, 1 was attrited and another quit.

tdimarco

Pro-Rec SNA
I wouldn't think that NAMI would keep tabs on the number of people who failed out of flight school anyway.

NAMI tracks attrition and test scores because they use it to validate the ASTB. That's how they tweak the test to keep the correlation high and defend against drift.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
According to NAMI, about 22% of pilots and 25% of NFOs attrite out of flight training each year. If that ends up happening, you will either get sent home or redesignate into a different field.

Those numbers are wrong according to what I've heard from the wing. The numbers are around 11% for primary and 9% for advanced...give or take. That's for all reasons, performance, NPQ, DOR, etc.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I don't have a dog in this fight, but if I did I would probably put money on the high attrition numbers that NAMI puts out as including those who get waivers. I have the big NPQ box on my NOMI physical checked because of my eyes, but it's waivered.

(Now I have to get the ENT to see it my way on my just below mins HF hearing. What a weak ass reason to pull someone out of the pipeline.)