• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA's getting a Wings + 10 yr commitment?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
cockpunching.png

KSUFLY said:
They count towards my longivity[sic]...so they really do count.
If you show up to Pensacola saying you've been in the Navy for three years, you need a cockpunch.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Ya but BDCP WILL show up on his LES as time in service... which = more $$$

I think everyone knows that, but it doesn't change the gheyness saying you've been in 3 years.

By the way, 7 year contract here. I'm sure there's probably some 'FOs on here who were 6 years.

KSUFLY

pilot
Fly Navy said:
Blow me.

(4 years of NROTC that DOESN'T count :) )

But you also had a college degree paid for...I have a sh!t load of loans. And for the record, I also think it's stupid to go around saying I have 3 years service so that's why I don't do it. So don't kick me in the freaking crotch

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KSUFLY said:
But you also had a college degree paid for...I have a sh!t load of loans. And for the record, I also think it's stupid to go around saying I have 3 years service so that's why I don't do it. So don't kick me in the freaking crotch
To be precise, I believe it was a punch to the crotch (second only to a punch to the throat). :D

Brett

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
KSUFLY said:

not all of us rotc guys got college paid for....

but, its all cool. I still get the GI bill so it will pay off in the long run.

Huggy Bear

pilot
8 years is plenty enough commitment to buy you a second sea tour. I only owe 13 months after this shore tour, but I will still have to take 2 year sea duty orders. If they extend it to 10 years post wings, that would take you past your No Later Than Department Head date. The navy needs a lot fewer folks for that step in the pyramid, so it would make much sense to have a ten year commitment. The 8 year is more than adequate for their nefarious purposes.