• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Some Questions about Naval Officers.

Goob83

None
As an LDO, exactly which program (USNA, NROTC, BDCP) did you go through? Also, exactly what kind of "normal" college life did you have? I'm just curious where you get your expertise in these matters that you feel you can help the original poster make an informed decision.

I am not sure controlled liberty @ USNA is part of normal college life.
I personally have not had a normal college life nor have I claimed to. I have put in two prior academy folks that left there (USNA) for the normal college life as they called it. They did not leave USNA for this reason but one of many reasons allowing them to leave there and later in life apply for other programs. Also listening to the Oharp folks from the academy and civilian schools comparing stories. OCS or NROTC is the way to go. I have put in 5 NROTC folks that dropped this program for a OCS or BDCP chance. Again they had their reasons. I am not against any of the routes and believe they are all great programs. Having trained many ENSIGNS in my time I always liked OCS officers better. Every individual is different and I hope they make the best choice for them based off the information they receive. In no way do I wish to give negative vibes.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I am not sure controlled liberty @ USNA is part of normal college life.
I personally have not had a normal college life nor have I claimed to. I have put in two prior academy folks that left there (USNA) for the normal college life as they called it. They did not leave USNA for this reason but one of many reasons allowing them to leave there and later in life apply for other programs. Also listening to the Oharp folks from the academy and civilian schools comparing stories. OCS or NROTC is the way to go. I have put in 5 NROTC folks that dropped this program for a OCS or BDCP chance. Again they had their reasons. I am not against any of the routes and believe they are all great programs. Having trained many ENSIGNS in my time I always liked OCS officers better. Every individual is different and I hope they make the best choice for them based off the information they receive. In no way do I wish to give negative vibes.

Ok, that's cool. The subject line of your first post seemed a little negative, and phrog73 and I sort of picked up on that. No harm done.