• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Special Mission DH Selects making O-5?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
No no, I think the wording was something along the lines of "...Naval Aviation's investment in these officers." :)

Anyway, "SM/OP-T/whatever they call it next/go back to not calling it anything in particular" and CNATRA FTS look a lot alike.

So a you're saying a non screen O-5 OP-T/SM/Whatever will be going from VT tour to VT tour until their 20? Since the majority of the first selectees on this path ended up not going to the VT's upon selection (word is 8 of 12 went TACRON), I can't say I buy that.

For the past several years, the OP-T/SM DH path was touted as an alternative to the traditional career path (keep flying, stay VTs, make O-5 etc.) However, it now seems like that path, like 8-yr winging commitments causing people to have to stay through their disassociated sea tour, was brought into play to make it easier to fill billets that people traditionally didn't want to stick around for (TACRON etc). Either PERS-43 and the powers the be did not do a good job informing the fleet of what it actually entailed, or it was a standard bait and switch... err "truth change"... that so many detailing horror stories seem to revolve around.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
As mentioned above, and Ive mentioned before... retiring insane is not worth an O-5 retirement... flying to twenty as a terminal O-4 maximizes the fun factor, minimizes the meaningless staff ass pain, allows you to look in the mirror and not vomit, and still gives you pay for breathing after you get out.

What happens if you opt-out if already wearing O-4 besides a trip to hot and sandy land? Fly, Fly, Fly? Sounds like it would be well worth it.