• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spring 2009 Service Selection

alyssabr

is there something wrong with the current list? Because I dont think its subject to change if Lt's are already letting their units know about service selction

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
what does PM sent mean??

PM stands for "private message"

Anywho, I wasn't sure if I could post about what happened in public, but now that I know the main reason we (Texas mids) have not found out about Service Selection is because some of us we're not selected. So, our CO is trying to "pull some strings" and doing his best to get more of us in.

So for now we just play the waiting game...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
^^^Good luck bro, keep us posted.

Well the verdict is finally in and I got got selected to be a....

...SWO.

Am I upset/pissed off/going to resign my commission and burn my NROTC building to the ground? Absolutely not. Prior to selection I hoped for the best (aviation), but at the same time expected the worst (ie getting subs). I got told by my CO and BNCO that this selection can change (since it came so early), but for the most part I think mines going to stay, or at least that's my mentality going on right now. I knew from the get-go my desire might not necessarily mean the Navy's desire is the same thing...

All I can say was that it was a blast to be a "wanna-be aviator" during my time as a middie, and especially during this year's summer cruise. I enjoyed every second of it and have no regrets whatsoever. Now even though I am going a different route, I still have many things to do on AWs before commissioning/reporting to my first ship:

- Meeting MasterBates in person. MB, you can't avoid me for long in Texas!
- Have A4s tell me how to build the perfect margarita.
- Get lessons from HAL on how to be the biggest D-Bag possible in the fleet
- Drunk dialing H20man and pissing him off many more times
- Ask RenegadeOne on how to grow the sickest officer mustache possible
- Learn how to be the biggest UT fan from Bevo
- Learn how not to be the next Joboy from Joboy/Otto/Bogey himself
- Hunting cougars with BlackBear

I think that's it for now. I know for now i'm missing many points, but for now that's all I can think of.

Anywho, its $1 domestics at Cain and Abels tonight. So that means i'm off!