• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Status after swearing in?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Read a contract. You enlist in the Naval Reserve in an inactive status.

The rest of the stuff you've mentioned is all admin stuff spelled out in various laws, regulations and instructions.

BTW, while you do not accure any time in service, I believe your PEBD (pay entry base date) is the day you sign your OCS contract / enlist in the reserves (it was in my day) which means you get the pay bumps quicker.

Very well, however, OCS accessions are usually at OCS within a couple of months at the MOST as opposed to BDCP guys, so the PEBD as opposed to TIS is a minimal difference.

BDCP time in service = day sworn in. For me, I was "active duty" ~1.5 years before I commissioned = SWEET! I was an ENS (however, >3) when everyone else was a JG, and as soon as I made JG >3, I was suddenly making more $ than everyone else who was still JG > 2. GOOD deal! :D

PJ81

FS SNA
So for all intents and purposes, you can't take advantage of any active duty benefits until at OCS?

Inactive reservist is the same status all enlisted go to after they separate prior to eight years time in service. I just came off inactive reservist status this last June. You still have some benefits such as use of the commissary and base exchanges, that comes along with access to military bases.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Inactive reservist is the same status all enlisted go to after they separate prior to eight years time in service. I just came off inactive reservist status this last June. You still have some benefits such as use of the commissary and base exchanges, that comes along with access to military bases.
I believe that is because you are a post-active duty guy in an inactive status. I believe the pre-training (be it OCS or enlisted delayed entry program) inactive status does not receive any benefits. Different regs, etc.

PJ81

FS SNA
I believe that is because you are a post-active duty guy in an inactive status. I believe the pre-training (be it OCS or enlisted delayed entry program) inactive status does not receive any benefits. Different regs, etc.

Got it. I'm sure you wouldn't get an ID after swearing in, so all the above privileges would be hard to get even if you were technically entitled to them.