• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid days...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just remember a bad procedural day in the cockpit (provided nothing major comes from it) is still better than where you could be. Just think of that poor SWO trying to qualify on a ship w/ 3 hours of sleep and wearing what looks to be a combination of someone's underwear and a dog bowl during GQ.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
"Any pet theories on why those days happen? Today seems awfully hard to explain to me but sure enough I had the SA of a toad..."

Two weeks ago, a butterfly in Africa flapped its wings causing a chain reaction the just reached and has now passed you. That's what I think.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
"October 31, 2006 -- A catastrophe was narrowly averted when a jetliner landed on a narrow taxiway at Newark Airport instead of on the runway, The Post has learned.

In an astonishing screw-up Saturday, the pilot of Continental Flight 1883 touched down on a taxiway just to the north of the runway - only feet from administrative buildings. Then he proceeded to the gate as if nothing had happened, sources said yesterday.

"To say this is lucky was an understatement," one source said"

And there were two of them...

Junior

pilot
What color are the taxi ways at Newark? That seems crazy. I am a terrible internet searcher, anyone have links to the stories?

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I actually got the info about it from other places (i.e. not on an internet search) but found that article the easiest to grab and repost for the sake of THIS topic.

But...while on the subject....I agree there were some things that made the mistake easier (like the lighting, and the style of lighting on that taxi-way) but it was still a huge mistake. So for a stupid day, I thought it was very fitting. Becasue tough or not, they were the only ones who did it on that day at that location. (Although there was a collision on the ground that day, but that is a whole nuther can of worms)
;)